Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Easy level 55 5-boxing?

I just posted this on the wowhead dk class forums today:

"Just had a thought. What if you have a level 55+ character and you create a death knight. Later you transfer that primary 55+ character to another account. Would the death knight on the first account still be playable? Would you be able to create another death knight on the 2nd account now? Something to chew on."

Makes me think, since I'm getting my new computer before the xpac comes out and I want to move up to 5 boxing, wouldn't it be easiest to add 3-5 new DK's? All I'd have to do would be create 2 new DK's on my existing accounts, then transfer my two level 70's to 2 new accounts to create 2 more dk's, then wait a few days, transfer 1 level 70 again, and bam! DKx5 at 55. Not a cheap solution by any means, considering I'm already paying for a new computer, adding 1-3 more accounts, upgrading to both expansions on all accounts. But hey, it's possible.
    Hunter/D. Priest 60.........70.........80
    ProtPally + Holy 60.........70.........80
    Boomkin + Shamen 60.........70.........80

About $25 per paid character transfer, so that's at least $75 for the 3 transfers, just about 1 month's worth of 5-box subscriptions.

And would you really 5-box 5 DKs? I don't think they heal well, and their melee dps unlike 5x shaman's caster type dps-kiting .
    Sanctume [Paladin] + [Team Shaman] Sanctumea + Sanctumei + Sanctumeo

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77092#pos t77092
    Ahh... people these days.

Why work when I can just throw money at the problem?
    Money speeds things up so you can work at other things or be lazy, or do w/e it is you like to do /shrug
    Tamas, Inirra, Jamac, Cereixa, Tetria

http://www.youtube.com/tetriaeiou

Default DK's Heal?

Just roll Undead DK's for the extra healing?[*]Death Coil - Unleashes all runic power you have, causing up to 600 Shadow Damage (at level 55) to a non-undead enemy, or healing up to 900 damage to a friendly undead target.[*]Death Pact - Instantly kills a raised ghoul to heal the Death Knight.

Even if they aren't primary healers, it's still possible to 5 box them. It'd be an interesting choice to try.

Isn't there a cooldown, 1 month, for all character transfers? So you'll have 4 DK's at this rate.. but wait a month for the 5th?
    Ex-WoW 5-boxer.
    Currently playing:
    Akama [Empire of Orlando]
    Zandantilus - 85 Shaman, Teebow - 85 Paladin, Kodex - 85 Rogue.

Definitely going to 4-box Diablo 3 after testing the beta for how well this would work.

Default RE: DK's Heal?

Quote Originally Posted by 'mellyjean',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77095#pos t77095
    Even if they aren't primary healers, it's still possible to 5 box them.
    Sounds a lot like 5 boxing 5 ret. paladins.
    Ex-WoW 5-boxer.
    Currently playing:
    Akama [Empire of Orlando]
    Zandantilus - 85 Shaman, Teebow - 85 Paladin, Kodex - 85 Rogue.

Definitely going to 4-box Diablo 3 after testing the beta for how well this would work.

Default RE: RE: DK's Heal?

Quote Originally Posted by '-silencer-',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77099#post77099

Quote Originally Posted by 'mellyjean',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77095#pos t77095
    Even if they aren't primary healers, it's still possible to 5 box them.
    Sounds a lot like 5 boxing 5 ret. paladins.
    There are folks out there who have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by 'mellyjean',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77087#pos t77087
    Makes me think, since I'm getting my new computer before the xpac comes out and I want to move up to 5 boxing, wouldn't it be easiest to add 3-5 new DK's? All I'd have to do would be create 2 new DK's on my existing accounts, then transfer my two level 70's to 2 new accounts to create 2 more dk's, then wait a few days, transfer 1 level 70 again, and bam! DKx5 at 55. Not a cheap solution by any means, considering I'm already paying for a new computer, adding 1-3 more accounts, upgrading to both expansions on all accounts. But hey, it's possible.
    I hope this doesn't happen. Will see a lot of noob people trying to multi box with 5 knights. :cursing:
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80

Default Cost

I think it's pretty cost prohibitive, but it'd be a good way to expand from 2-3 accounts up to a full 5. You wouldn't have to do more than 2-3 transfers, depending on how many DK's you want. Let's say you have a priest healer and a pally tank. You could transfer to add 3x55 lvl dps deathknights quick.

Mellyjean it might be good for you, well to at least transfer over one, and the knight can be your tank.
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80