Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default What is the best method to level 2 mages?

Just looking for recommendation, any advice welcome.

Thank you

Questing.
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

Quote Originally Posted by 'kllrwlf',index.php?page=Thread&postID=70972#post7 0972
    Questing.
    I am thinking of doing 5 mages, is questing still recommended?

I'd say so.

Just do kill quests - you'll blow through those - and avoid the tedious collection/drop quests (unless it's a group drop). I've found so far that with the boost to levelling given by Blizzard for the 1-60 trip, that you'll never run out of zones to level in. The only caveat to this is getting the dungeon runs in at the right times. Skipping dungeons and quests could be a bit much - if there's only 2 of you, maybe you might not skip the collection quests quite so much. If there's 5 of you, well, not sure how 5xSquishy Mages will go in instances - need a 5-mager to answer that one.
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

I leveled two mages into their mid 30's, and just got tired of the downtime, they were always drinking, and they died constantly. 1-30 was a breeze, 30-40 was a pain. All that plus no real tanking/kiting ability, and I just gave up, for now. I want to try them together at 60, see how they do then, with arcane explosion farming.

So I broke one off and she's been leveling with my druid, and they mow much faster through mobs and quests, and the mages portals makes questing for both of them a LOT easier. The other is still at 35, but he'll get back in the game at some point. I might pair him off with a hunter, see how that goes.
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

You could use 5 frost mages to kite in such a way

First Mage First Water Elemental

Second Water Elemental Second Mage

Third Mage Third Water Elemental

When the mob gets to that mage, have it ice block and it will go to 2nd mage if you only cast with 1 at a time. Tedious but you could continue to do so for 10 ice blocks + permafrost
    [align=center]Ele Shaman, Warrior, Holy Paladin, Lock, Mage
    Team WotLK PvE - 60 - Lothar
    Bqlimax, Eqlimax, Fqlimax, Axtc, Guitto
    [/align]

I first started off with two mages, when I hit 38 I think, I realized I wanted much more, and opted to choose another two mages to complete my four mage team on my Duo-Core system. I recommend actually going Frost until a later level. In fact, before I switched Specs, I found myself actually using more Frost specced attacks even with most of my points in fire - and this is on a PVP server in which PVP tends to get in the way of questing and grinding..

I'm only saying this because I went the questing route with them, and I noticed it was generally easier to kill things due to speed (frost casts faster but does less dmg, I believe) and over all made leveling my mages easier, more fun, and pretty quick. On my new group, I chose to go the Instance Boosting route, using one of my earlier mages (which is now 70) or my lvl 65 Paladin to run my new group through instances. Leveling is Super Quick. I went from 19-28 in Stocks so damn fast with such minimal effort I actually got whispers from guildies asking if I started cheating or something, lol. However, I had more PvE experience with using my new group, and much less PVP skill and would often stumble or die due to bad tactics which probably wouldn't have happened if I had leveled my new group of Shaman in a non-instance setting, like quests.

The best way to level 2 characters is always questing, regardless of the class composition.

One could argue that questing is the best way to level any type of group these days, since the xp changes.
    [align=center][/align]

With the changes to quests and XP in 2.3... Questing is usually the best way to level. No matter how many toons, which class, what time of day, if the moon is out and full...

I would skip the collection quests though if they are a pain to complete.
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

Quote Originally Posted by 'kllrwlf',index.php?page=Thread&postID=71128#post7 1128
    With the changes to quests and XP in 2.3... Questing is usually the best way to level. No matter how many toons, which class, what time of day, if the moon is out and full...
    QFT. I leveled my shammies in instances pre-2.3, and when the 2.3 patch eventually hit I did each instance maybe ONCE for the fun of it and to wipe out all the instance quests. It's a reason why there's a huge gap in my instancing videos between ZF and BF.

After 2.3 hit with the increase in quest XP, questing is the way to go.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]