Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default AOE heals for team!?

Hi all, so I watched a couple of vids and always see most boxers doing pvp or wpvp with a constant and endless amount of heals while they are running around not stopping for 2-3 second cast heals killing groups of plp. Almost unkillable since any damage they take is wiped of by insane amount of heals on the entire group at all times. The only times I see them mouse over heals is when their toons are getting nuked and need concentrated heals. So I am starting to think I chose the wrong healers for AOE heals for my team I currently have 3 Druids but the only AOE spells are Regrowth which is not instant and Tranquility which has a 3 minute CD then the rest of heals are all single target, oh and the ground mushroom heal which sucks because u have to be standing over the area to get the weak AOE heal.They are strong for single target but when ur dealing with multiple enemies you can't keep paying attention to who is dying and try to heal single targets while killing multiple plp. Seems more convenient to spam instant AOE heals with the same macro button you are dpsing so the only time u mouse over for "oh sxxt " heals is when your toon is about to die. Basically am asking if I should try another heal group that would offer better overall team heals instead of mostly single target, if there is any other healer that would meet my goals. I am currently using Isboxer with healbot and repeater region for mouse over heals. Might be a shot in the dark but I figure it dosent hurt to ask more experience plp since I am still pretty new to boxing.. Thanks in advance and any input is much appreciated ������

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedonwow View Post
    Hi all, so I watched a couple of vids and always see most boxers doing pvp or wpvp with a constant and endless amount of heals while they are running around not stopping for 2-3 second cast heals killing groups of plp. Almost unkillable since any damage they take is wiped of by insane amount of heals on the entire group at all times.
    This would suggest the videos you are referring to are of large scale boxers, running substantial amounts of healers. With enough numbers it's fairly easy to create a "layer" of AOE, splash and smart healing that will keep your team at full when you aren't getting pressured too much, which is most likely the case as in a lot of these videos, there simply is not an organized opposition going on. While AOE healing is fine as a "default" option, you don't want to rely on it to be the only healing your group receives. It's at times inaffective, wasteful on mana, overheals like crazy, and quite frankly is just lazy. Addtionally I would point out that you can not see all that is going on behind the scenes from a video, such as Target of Target healing, or hardcoded healing setups.

The only times I see them mouse over heals is when their toons are getting nuked and need concentrated heals.

*snipsnip*

... but when ur dealing with multiple enemies you can't keep paying attention to who is dying and try to heal single targets while killing multiple plp.
    Just pointing out that what you are saying is impossible to do, you are also saying the boxers in the videos are infact doing. This is what you'd expect while multiboxing. You need to keep track of multiple different things.

So I am starting to think I chose the wrong healers for AOE heals for my team I currently have 3 Druids but the only AOE spells are Regrowth which is not instant and Tranquility which has a 3 minute CD then the rest of heals are all single target, oh and the ground mushroom heal which sucks because u have to be standing over the area to get the weak AOE heal.
    Sure, they don't have that many purely AOE healing spells, but that has never been how druids heal the group. Their consistant raid healing has always relied on spreading HoTs. If you look at just about any WorldofLogs report for a resto druid, their top healing spell is consistantly Rejuvenation. And yes, I know this is not a perfect comparison to purely PVP healing, but then again, you'd basically never heal with AOE to begin with in "normal" PVP. So, perhaps try and set up your druids to spread HoTs around and see if that makes a difference. Might take a lot of fiddling and macro work, but it's perfectly doable.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 08-02-2016 at 06:53 AM Reason: formatting

My eyes hurt reading all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    This would suggest the videos you are referring to are of large scale boxers, running substantial amounts of healers. With enough numbers it's fairly easy to create a "layer" of AOE, splash and smart healing that will keep your team at full when you aren't getting pressured too much, which is most likely the case as in a lot of these videos, there simply is not an organized opposition going on. While AOE healing is fine as a "default" option, you don't want to rely on it to be the only healing your group receives. It's at times inaffective, wasteful on mana, overheals like crazy, and quite frankly is just lazy. Addtionally I would point out that you can not see all that is going on behind the scenes from a video, such as Target of Target healing, or hardcoded healing setups.

Just pointing out that what you are saying is impossible to do, you are also saying the boxers in the videos are infact doing. :D This is what you'd expect while multiboxing. You need to keep track of multiple different things.

Sure, they don't have that many purely AOE healing spells, but that has never been how druids heal the group. Their consistant raid healing has always relied on spreading HoTs. If you look at just about any WorldofLogs report for a resto druid, their top healing spell is consistantly Rejuvenation. And yes, I know this is not a perfect comparison to purely PVP healing, but then again, you'd basically never heal with AOE to begin with in "normal" PVP. So, perhaps try and set up your druids to spread HoTs around and see if that makes a difference. Might take a lot of fiddling and macro work, but it's perfectly doable.
    Thanks for the reply. But this particular guy was boxing only 1 more heal than me on his 10 man team and kept his guys (healed, shield) the entire 20 minute video. That's what let me to ask if there is any other type of heals that would have team shields or instant AOE heal spells that I could just keep up before I have to mouse over them.

Without seeing the particular video it's hard to guess as to what the person might be doing.

As far as actual shielding goes, I don't think there really is any really worthwhile ones anymore available on healers. Disc priests and Holy paladins used to offer a decent amount of absorption, but the Paladin mastery has now changed and Priest shielding has become fairly negligible.

If it's not shielding, then it would have to be pure healing, essentially locking his health pools. I'd love to see this to be able to take a further stab at it, but my first instinct is to just assume that there simply isn't all that much damage coming in, if just his AOE healing is enough to handle everything thrown at him.

Nvm I figure out the trick with what heals.

Well now I want to know and watch this video!

Would be nice if you shared that link with the rest of us...

I used to run a melee team in PvP 5 boxing but it got AE'd down too easily. Even 3 people can AE down a 5 boxer who is running a melee zerg all stacked on top of each other. It becomes impossible to heal with 1 healer. Well, unless you are running something really silly like 5 blood DKs.

Numbers unfortunately matter with this kind of setup. Obviously 10-15 people are not going to take down a 40 boxer who has 10-15 healers responding with heals in kind.

I'd rather a setup where you don't stack on top of each other. A small setup like 3s arena with a melee cleave is best suited to split your melee up routinely. So they can't be AE'd to death. Or run something like turbo in WoD with a huge wall of defensives.

Anyway that's my 2cents on the subject. It can be done but you need a huge number of accounts to make it work.