Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Blog Entries

Default Rift cleric specs and rotation. help appreciated!

So I'm going to take the time to type up my cleric specs and rotations with the hopes that a) someone can help me make them better or b) they might be useful to someone else (I did get all the way to 43 with these)

I like the idea of keeping hots rolling while dpsing so that is my strategy, I haven't tried a dedicated healer but am considering it.

I also haven't been using a pro type config (which wouldn't be quite as sexy with no rift addon macro support), just in game macros and sending numbers. Its very barbaric.

Single Target dps:

Step 1: Assist me, aoe hot on round robin, main dps macro on everyone except the guy that did the aoe hot
    Step 2. Tank heals, using 1 conviction, everyone else Vexes
    Step 3. Healers Hot 2 the tank, tank dps macro
    Step 4. Healers Hot 1 the tank, tank burns the rest of convictions on hammer of duty
    Step 5. (repeat for 6 seconds) Main dps rotation macros

Healer/Dps macro:
    #show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast tidal surge
    use Waykeeper's Insignia
    cast sanction heretic
    cast geyser
    CAST BOUND FATE

Tank Dps Macro:
    #show bolt of radiance
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Precept of Refuge

cast Strike of Judgment
    cast lightning hammer

Specs: Tank is just the cookie cutter template suggested by the game, currently 43/8/6 Just/Sham/Inq

healers are 37/20/0 Inq Warden Cab.

I can't really comment on the macros - as you saw in the other thread, I'm using very out of date specs and am not au-fait with the changes in Rift over the last couple of months!

I would highly recommend going for a dedicated healer with something like ClickBoxHealer to allow you to heal the group from any client screen, though. At the moment, you must be wasting cast time (even an instant uses the GCD) on heals that are not needed at that time and, presumably, it can all start to crumble if they're DPSing when a heal is needed?

In addition, I have a hotkey that swaps my healer into 'dps' mode, bringing down hotkey bar 2 with dps+dot spells on it. I can then use my 'dungeon' setup in zone events and major rifts and have the healer apply DPS until I need a heal, then a quick keypress swaps back to spell bar 1 (which has nothing on it) allowing the ClickBoxHeal clicks to work. This makes the team very flexible.

One tip I found very useful... set up DPS and Healing dummies in your main chars Dimension and give your other chars access, then you can practice in private.

Inevitably, multiboxing the dummies in town would get a lot of attention and too many whispers when you're busy trying to set things up!
    I also found that other people would fire on the target dummy I was using and get lumped in with my own DPS meter results.
    All in all, much better to configure and practice in private!

The dimension is also great for the group to nip to when you're in the middle of a zone and need a bio break but don't want to waste your recall and don't want the hassle of logging off

Blog Entries

Dimension dummy was a great tip!

After an hour tweaking the new hotness spec (inq/cab/druid) 44/9/5 and working on my like a pro I'm definitely moving towards a new setup. I'm not thrilled with how the sentinal healer works though, perhaps I should be doing a majorly purifier build (I like preemption).