Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Hybrid View

I did a little test to check how my system would do if i stressed it a bit
    So i made all windows full resolution 1920x1200 all in ultra mode and got 60 fps

But this was not in the center of Ogrimar as yours is so it was a bit invalid, i then walked to the centerand in the center of ogrimar it was unplayable, even if the cpu was only at 15%
    i have to see if i can find a way to see the load on my GPU's

but anyway i am not a hardware expert , my new Rig makes me happy i could jump :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alkafir : 08-03-2012 at 12:59 PM

after tuning my GPU i had 30-45 fps looking over the auction house, then i did a run around garroshe's house got 60 fps behind it and 25 in front , with a short drop to 10 just af i was running away from the front and around to the right , i love this computer, oh well i have to play no more poster , happy camper here :-D

You could run the SSD as a cache to the HDD, and install windows on the HDD. You could always add a dedicated SSD later to put wow on, or RAID the two SSDs for more speed (I run 3 in RAID 0 and it's awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by alkafir View Post
    So after playing WoW on off with just one toon, i finaly got the money for a new computer, as the old one got a bit laggy when playing 5 toons after cata.

But any way the new one looks like this

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K - 3.5 GHz ( Ivy Bridge )
    MOB:SABERTOOTH Z77 ( Ivy Bridge )
    RAM:Kingston DDR3 - 1600MHz - 16GB(4 x 4GB)
    GFX: Gainward GeForce GTX 690 (4 GB)
    HDD:OCZ Vertex 3 Series 60GB SSD/Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
    Power supply :SilverStone ST1000-P 1000W (modulær)

All build in to a Cooler Master HAF X Black

I realy hopes this will do well for me as a 5 boxer
    I'm running something fairly close to yours. Love the UEFI of the Sabertooth. I'm a complete novice to OC'ing and the "Optimal" settings in the UEFI make it simple. Here's my rig:
    CPU: i7 3770K
    MOBO: Sabertooth Z77
    RAM: GSkill RipJaws 1600Mhz 24GB (2x4GB; 2x8GB)
    GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 570 GTX HD (drops between 30 and 40 FPS in the center of Org.)
    HDD(s) Western Digi Caviar Blue 500gb (Win 7 and all my other files); Crucial M4 120gb SSD (games)
    Heat Sink: Thermaltake Performer (closed loop water cooled)
    Power: Corsair HX850
    Case: Antec 900 Black Steel

I skimped in some places, but I didn't have $2000 to sink into it.

Had to do some tweaking to get the ASUS "Thermal radar" software working... the software package that came with the packaged with the motherboard was "unfriendly." Had to go to the ASUS site and download software from other motherboards to make it work. I was a little disappointed that the "EZ Tune" (easy overclocking) functionality was non-existent in the software package. "Fan Xpert" is really cool, though it doesn't control the chasis fans. CPU runs between 26c and 30c at 4.1gHz. Also I had to go in and change memory settings to 1600 manually because the UEFI originally only recognized the memory as 1333. The other cool software that came with the motherboard is "Network iControl" which lets me set priorities for all software that connects to internet. I'm really happy with the motherboard as a whole package.