Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

Hybrid View

I thought everyone knew by now, classes aren't ever set until 2 patches after an expansion is released.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    I thought everyone knew by now, classes aren't ever set until 2 patches after an expansion is released.

Gawd Images hate me today wtf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 05-30-2012 at 02:39 AM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    so ture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Fair enough, ebony, but some of his points regarding the way skill synergy and micromanagement works with the proposed mechanics won't really be affected by 2-million SP wands or obsolete set bonuses.
    Oh ya i know but am saying how do you know how its going to work unless you have five off them. and even then i can test my warlocks/shammys all days on the training dummy's and there fine. i can not test in PvP from the points i posted
    Last edited by ebony : 05-30-2012 at 03:07 AM

Just to clarify its 70k sp green wands , my lock has 85k sp with it.

As for the DK I think they will revert the necro strike to its live usage. There are too many things wrong atm with dks and I think once people are allowed to lvl to 90 we will see more tweaks across all classes. Rogues are in pretty bad shape also, but all range classes and a few melee are looking pretty good.

I think the pvp meta game will change completely in mop, I think the 8 sec cd on dispels is such a game changer. I am talking about the classes that normally get their stuff spam dispelled in arena and now it wont be spam dispelled, huge game changer imo.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 05-30-2012 at 09:23 AM

You are both right. I think there is the misconception that i feel dks are going to be super gimped. That isn't the case at all. They will still be strong I just feel that rets will likely out-shine them at least in both class' current state.

MOSG, death runes are the price of necrotic strike... so that would be replaced with plague strike. Frost strike is also the highest priority as it does the most damage and resets runes/gives rune regen speed. If necrotic strike was still on unholy runes there would be no problem

As far as the runic power situation... Unholy 2h is what most people are using as they have TOO MUCH RP with frost, each autoattack in frost gives them 30 RP which is almost enough for a frost strike... but the GCD is 1.5 seconds. I mean this might end up being the route we go if the rune regen is abysmally slow but we still have good RP generation when we are ON TARGET because of the 15 rp per auto attack. The main problem is that howling blast and such all generate 10 runic power opposed to 20 which severely lowers our runic power usages.

Also unholy presence can no longer have 120 RP so we are limited to a burst of 3 frost strikes.
    Dk's have a whole lot of positives though like MOSG says but I disagree with the burst statement.

Pros

Most get out of jail free cards of any class [Lich, desecrated ground, ams, pet sac, icebound, pillar of frost (anti-ele/boom, trinket)
    Offensive dispel. (glyphed)
    AOE frost damage and slow (not reduced by armor)
    Possibility of anti-healing
    High burst below 35%
    Silence or stun possibilities (2 of each to change drs but reduces the amount of people slowing so you have a higher duration CC chain)
    AOE stun (only negative here is you need uptime to make it work)
    Quite a bit of self healing
    Death Grip

Cons

New system for runes is clunky and the choice between corruption and empowerment isn't really clear as well as rune regen is really low in comparison to live.
    Runic power generation outside of frost presence is mediocre
    Loss of blood tap which means no on demand silences anymore (really effects us)
    Squishy and after icebound they can just fall over to melee
    nerfs on a lot of abilities
    Don't really feel anti-casterish anymore.
    Burst damage significantly reduced above 35% due to runic power limitation and generation reducing our usage of frost strike which in turn reduces our ability to use other abilities due to less runes to use.
    Forced into 2h frost as dual-wield does not generate enough RP for stable PVP usage.

Basically we are now a damage dealing class much like a warrior with little usage for anti-healing at the cost it is at. Not as anti-casterish as we once were.

I honestly don't want to discuss stacking rets as i don't want it to get nerfed like some of the things were before launch that we were discussing for cata. If someone wants to do so PM me some contact info.

I do feel that warrior burst damage and CC is superior to dks right now on beta though which would make them more ideal for those of us who are going to be playing 3's.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

What ever you do make sure your DKs are undead....

Undead

• Underwater Breathing has been renamed Touch of the Grave: Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing 13,680 Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    What ever you do make sure your DKs are undead....

Undead
    • Underwater Breathing has been renamed Touch of the Grave: Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing 13,680 Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount.
    dafuq?!

AFK server/faction changing/re-rolling
    Last edited by Shodokan : 05-31-2012 at 10:47 PM

I doubt that change will make it to live together with will of the forsaken. Previously they said that they wanted to address the retardedly OP human racial as well (can't recall seeing a chance here though).
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I doubt that change will make it to live together with will of the forsaken. Previously they said that they wanted to address the retardedly OP human racial as well (can't recall seeing a chance here though).
    Or they could be making one race on each faction OP. Honestly i think if they changed WotF to the same thing as EMFTS it would work just as good as nerfing EMFTS. Regardless If this does go live I will def re-roll.

EMFH is getting nerfed in mop by the pvp power/defense mechanic by default. This racial for undead I think will make it in some form. I cant see this being op on players which all have 300k+ hit points unless it scales with mastery. A 20% proc is is nice, no idea if it will have an internal cooldown, but in terms of boxing dks I think this sends them to the top along with having wotf. If anything is OP racial wise its pandarians racial.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 06-01-2012 at 09:45 AM