Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Follow Problem

Default Follow Problem

I am not actually sure where I should start trouble shooting to figure out what the cause of the problem I am having so would appreciate any advice.

I started 10 boxing and found that some of my toons can lead the others but some can't. They aren't in a raid but are in two groups of 5. I used the wizard to set them all up and they are all showing up in my keymaps.

My lock teams are really messed up right now. I can get each group to follow a leader in that group but none from the other group will follow. It says they have no target as error message.

Any idea how I can get this to work or if there is more information I need to supply please let me know.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Blog Entries

I'm guessing it has to do with the FTL modifiers each team has selected.
    Each needs their own modifier, and you cannot use both left and right of the same modifier for the same toon.

Not saying that is it, but it would be my guess.
    FTL Follow, works for me in battlegrounds, where my toons aren't in the same group.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

There was some discussion about this about a month ago. What you can do is a transparent focus based system. When you switch your window in ISBoxer, you have the ability to perform a keymap. My keymap has things like telling Jamba that this toon is now the leader. What you could do is have that keymap tell the other toons that it is the focus target they should be using for targeting and following. This is different than the typical focus based system since you don't need to push a key to do it, the magic of ISBoxer will do it for you.

If you don't want to use up your focus slot in WoW, then there are ways you can do it using ATGs in ISBoxer. There are a few creative solutions out there, but knowing you're venturing into 10 boxing, I knew your issue even before I read your post - it's your FTL modifiers like Ualaa said
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

I made a spreadsheet and tried to make it work. I did improve it some but none of team 2 will follow team 1. Team 1 will follow everyone except for slot 5 on team 2.

Code:
    Team 1
    Slot 1      Left Ctrl
    Slot 2      Left Shift
    Slot 3      Left Alt
    Slot 4      Right Ctrl
    Slot 5      Right Shift

Team 2
    Slot 1      Right Alt
    Slot 2      Left Shift > Left Alt
    Slot 3      Right Shift > Right Alt
    Slot 4      Left Ctrl > Left Shift