Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Class Selection for 5box

I'm starting to think about which classes I'd like to choose for my 5box setup (is it still called 5box if I'm only using 2 systems for 5 toons? <--total n00b question sorry).

I would love to run any 5-man instances and possibly even arena as I've seen others do. Most of the videos I've seen so far show 5 shamans in a group. Would I be able to do just as well and level as fast with one of the following setups?

• 1 Druid/Pally + 4 Shamans
    • 1 Druid/Pally + 3 Shamans + 1 Lock
    • 1 Druid/Pally + 2 Shamans + 2 Locks

My goal is to totally kick ass and take on anything. Having 5 of the same characters is a neat effect that I like. But I also like to have some character variation. But then again, I already have a 70 Priest, 70 Pally, and mid 60's Warrior and Mage. Heck maybe I should just do 5 Shamans.

It's still 5 boxing

With that layout any of those setups would work. I would suggest using only 2 variations of classes, since some of yours have 3 that is a lot of micro managing. If you have 1 tank of Druid or Paladin and 4 Shaman for the heals and DPS, it should work out nicely.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Thought I'd post in here rather than start a new topic

If I am looking to level up and do instances and pve only, while building up a collection of classes that I can use at any stage to help guild raids if needed, etc, is it possible to run a balanced group (eg pal/war/druid, pal/priest/druid, mage, mage, shaman/hunter/lock) efficiently and reasonably safely with the right macro setup or is it just easier to only concern myself with my main and level up say 4 shaman to run instances for grinding rep and gear only for my main?

I'm trying a couple 5-man teams to see what I like, and so far the 1xPaladin/4xShaman setup seems to be the easiest to control. Using more classes, like 5, takes a lot of micro-managing, and is not as efficient since you're going to miss spell/shot rotations more frequently. If you want flexibility for end-game guild choices, go ahead and play multiple classes (only 1 melee at a time). I really wouldn't bother with more than 3 classes if you're going to try end-game instances on your own though.

It's easier to start by playing 5 different classes and just get used to playing that style than to start with 1 or 2 classes, getting used to that, then attempting 5 classes. It's been difficult to go back to my 5-class team after my 2-class (paladin/shaman) team for awhile.
    Ex-WoW 5-boxer.
    Currently playing:
    Akama [Empire of Orlando]
    Zandantilus - 85 Shaman, Teebow - 85 Paladin, Kodex - 85 Rogue.

Definitely going to 4-box Diablo 3 after testing the beta for how well this would work.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ellay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29289#post292 89
    It's still 5 boxing
    Although I think technically its dual-boxing multi-logging...

Certainly when I first researched multi-boxing, back in the dark ages before dual-boxing.com. It was very much a case of people who played many accounts on fewer PCs, would be referred to as multi-loggers, while playing single accounts on an equal number of PCs was referred to as multi-boxing. Box being the PC rather than the logged in account...

Not that it matters now either way.
    Currently running 3x City of Heroes under Octopus

I run 1 Feral Druid (tank) and 4 Elemental Shaman (DPS + Heal).

It works VERY well, keeping agro on mobs is not difficult with Talents + Demoralizing Roar + Swipe. The Healing Steam Totem x 4 means I hardly have to heal the Druid except possibly once in a large pull of 4+ even level Elites.

With this group, I cleared RFC @ 13, WC @ 19, SFK @ 20, BFD @ 23 and RFK @ 25.

I wiped a few times early on, but haven't wiped since my first Arugal (SFK) kill. He just teleported around too much and my fingers turned into sausages

Another variation is Vyndree's current setup, oh which you can watch her clear out Outlands instances at competitive levels in the "movies" section. She runs 1 Prot Paladin, 4 Elemental Shaman. With a paladin, you may have to drink more often then with a druid, but you will NEVER peel a mob off of a paladin. Druids have slightly better mitigation, but Paladins have Seals, Blessings and better DPS (w/Windfury + Reckoning).

Just depends on what you want to toy around with at 70. Druid or Paladin.

Lokked
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lost Ninja',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29531#post2953 1

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ellay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29289#post292 89
    It's still 5 boxing
    Although I think technically its dual-boxing multi-logging...
    I think we need to come up with a format like:

1-5 boxing (1 machine 5 sessions)

5 boxing (5 machines)

2-2,3 boxing (2 machines, 2 sessions on one machine, 3 sessions on the other)
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lokked',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29545#post29 545
    Another variation is Vyndree's current setup, oh which you can watch her clear out Outlands instances at competitive levels in the "movies" section. She runs 1 Prot Paladin, 4 Elemental Shaman. With a paladin, you may have to drink more often then with a druid, but you will NEVER peel a mob off of a paladin. Druids have slightly better mitigation, but Paladins have Seals, Blessings and better DPS (w/Windfury + Reckoning).

Just depends on what you want to toy around with at 70. Druid or Paladin.
    Yeah I would really really love to do a paladin for the sake of making it easier to tank. But, I already have a level 70 pally and thought this would be perfect for me to get a druid. However, my current pally is holy, so maybe it would be good to get a prot spec'd one as well. Hmmm....decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by 'thinus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29556#post29 556

5 boxing (5 machines)

>1 Account on 1 Machine = Multilogging
    >=2 Accounts on >=2 Machines = Multiboxing
    Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by 'Wilbur',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29634#post29 634
    Quote Originally Posted by 'thinus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29556#post29 556

5 boxing (5 machines)

>1 Account on 1 Machine = Multilogging
    >=2 Accounts on >=2 Machines = Multiboxing

nice idea!

Also Thinus id go 1 druid 3 mages 1 warlock
    or
    -------------------- 1 druid 2 mages 1 warlock 1 shaman
    Signature edited by Svpernova09