Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: RAF questing

Default RAF questing

Do i need to ah gear on the quest way 1-60?

im doing hunter hunter 1-60 via quest and pally priest 1-60 via quest. will i need to buy gear?

or should i just pay for instances?

im also doing 3 other toons but on drak'tharon i can run those with a 3rd acc myself

While using RAF, you're going to outlevel gear very, very quickly. And you are also going to kill very, very quickly. I never buy gear for my toons and I've never paid for an instance run. You could use the LFD tool to instance if you really feel you need gear, but for the most part, by the time you feel like your gear is hurting you, you're hitting Outland and every quest reward is an upgrade anyway.

When I had RAF, I had some toons that were still running around in pieces of starter gear all the way up through STV, and still obliterating everything they came across. You're going to have more than enough expense upgrading your spells/abilities and mounts, so spending cash on gear/instance boosts is generally the least of your concerns, IMO.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

What Khatovar says. RAF questing, which is how I've levelled all my guys, is so fast, and gives so many quest rewards, that you'll spend more time vendoring gear than buying gear. I've had one or two guys end up in Outland with one item of starter gear (boots or bracers usually) but they get replaced as soon as you do the first few quests in Hellfire Peninsula.

Dual boxing is going to be a bit slower than five boxing as you won't kill things quite so fast but at least you can do some of the collect quests quickly.

Blog Entries

The only instance I ran so much that all my toons had every drop... was the Scarlet Monastery Cathedral.
    Most of the toons which I did RAF, still have half a dozen pieces of SM gear, as level 60 toons.

During RAF, gear doesn't really mean that much.
    Especially if you have a booster.

Even without a booster, I only bothered to train every 10 levels or so.
    5x Level 48 shamans, running around with level 40 spells, kill things very easily.

Hellfire and to a lesser extent Zangarmarsh will replace almost all of your classic wow gear.
    And Borean/Howling Fjord do the same with your Outland gear.
    I'd imagine the first zone of Cataclysm will act as a gear reset as well.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

When I ding 60 I am usually wearing my gnomer therma plug pants and so forth. Usually your 5 guys are all DPS and kill stuff on the pull, while not anything huge in numbers its over kill. In outlands you get all your BWL gear equivalents and your caught up.