Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Default Help with Tri-boxing with RAF level 80

I'm looking to tri-box with my MAIN level 80 Death Knight boosting through two new level 1s with RAF, what would be the correct way to link the accounts to make sure that the RAF bonus is granted?
    Also, what would be the quickest way to level them, IE 10-20 Deadmines, 20-30 Gnomeregan, etc?
    Thanks a lot for any help given!

i believe it would be to make a new account not linking to anything then make another account linked to that one leaving your main account unlinked to either. but lets have another opinion on that please cause im not 100%.

also i believe the general consensus is screw gnomer and VC and go straight for sfk at 10 then go to SM at 20. gnomers too big and like 75% of the mobs in VC are non elite.

then at 45 or so maybe sholomance, but im not sure about that. maybe someone else can chime in
    Bot (80 Paladin) / Carfire (80 Shaman)
    Alliance, Madoran US

if you are purchasing 2 new accts to add to your 80. you can RAF A(80)->B then B->C. Even if the 80 is linked to B. B will get raf bonus from C still. That way when you run B and C. later you can grant levels from C to B then B to A..

I agree with Jubber. Link A-->B-->C. That way you can create new toons on A and level them for free with the granted levels B will accumulate. Also as stated in other places here (Somewhere in the RAF threads) Level any new toons on A at least say10-20 levels before using the granted levels from B. It is very fast to level a toon to say 20 questing, especially if you make a new toon on B to run around with. you can then just delete the new toon on B when yer done with the A toon and ready to grant it the rest of it's levels to 60.
    Windows Vista .bat file to create symbolically linked copy of a wow directory

ah i see thats what i wasnt quite sure about thanks for the clarification
    Bot (80 Paladin) / Carfire (80 Shaman)
    Alliance, Madoran US

Thanks a lot for the great help!
    Now just looking for the best instance-by-level guide for the quickest levelling.

Also, Spirithawke when you talk about granting levels between the accounts you mean when I'm done with the first two characters that I make right? As in granting levels to new level 1 characters after I've made my initial characters on account B+C?

Also, when I make the original two characters on account B + C, will I have to make a character on account A to recieve the bonuses or for any other reason? (account A being the one with the 80 booster)

Bit late to the thread for this advice but this is how I link my accounts:

Main Account (which happens to be a b.net account) sends referral to my e-mail address. Create new account. Upgrade account. Refer to my e-mail address. Create new account, upgrade account.

So Main -> A -> B -> C -> D.

I use my Protection Paladin to 'boost' my four lowbies. I quested on the 4 lowbies till level 10. Then I ran my Paladin to the entrance of Shadowfang Keep. I then use the right-click summon and summon A, when A lands she summons B etc in a big chain. The only person who cant be summoned is Main but hes the one initiating it anyway.

So here is how I do my instances since flight paths and travel is not a problem (so any trash outside front of instances isn't a drama either):

SFK 10-20:
    One huge pull. Takes 5 minutes from start to finish. I pull everything all the way through to just before the big dog boss. I then take everything back to the start and kill it all. Usually make 1 level a pull. Have a few breaks for a drink or browse forums as you will hit 5 instance limit easily.

Stockades 20-25/26:
    Pull the entire first wing and the left wing. Leave the right wing alone as those mobs tend to chain stun which I can live through no problems its just annoying walking 3 steps and then being stunned every few seconds. Dont make quite as good xp in here, about 3/4 a level for a full clear. Very very easily hit instance cap here.

SM 25/26 - 40:
    Armory: Pull everything in the first room and courtyard. Take clones to near the courtyard door. Run all the way to the end the instance ignoring Herods door. Drag everything back to just up the stairs in the courtyard so that the clones are out of los. Kill it all.

Cathedral: Lots of different ways to do this. You can pull the whole place if you want but sometimes you run into wierd aggro issues with the Cathedral wide aggro and can get your clones killed for no reason. I do it in 2 or 3 pulls and then move my clones up to the Cathedral. You should not run into a reset limit here and can just keep powering on - if you do hit it you can afford to do less crazy pulls and take it a bit slower.

ST: 40 - 45
    Just kill all the dragons in the top tier. There is tonnes of them. If you find you are htiting reset limit just go kill the hallways full of trash. Some of it resets and paths wierdly so be careful of LOS. Not somewhere you want to be for long but it beats the crap out of green mobs in SM Cath.

Scholomance: 45 - 60
    Some people prefer Strathholme but personally I dont enjoy the insane amount of curses and diseases in there that all last for like 30m - 1hour. I also dont think the trash is that well laid out. So I pull everything in the first room of Scholo up the stairs and AoE it. Then everything in the skellie summoning room. Then everything in the room leading up to the dragon whelps and the door room. Basically just AoE big rooms full of yummy trash. I would loot here for a tonne of Runecloth and just load up your clones bags with it. You'll make some decent cash.

Rated Arena Member

I like this RAF plan.
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

I have to say that I've tried questing and boosting in Westfall to get new toons from 1-10, and Westfall wins hands down. I'm by no means fast about this, but with the macro/addon and UI setup time on the four new guys I was able to get them from character creation to level 10 in under 2 hrs. The spot in Westfall is on the NW beach, due north of the letters "AN" in JANGALODE MINE on the world map. There is a group of yellow crabs that respawn faster than you can kill all of them. I just park my newbs on a log thats centered among the crab respawns and take out crabs non-stop. The area of crabs has a patch of murlocs on each side of it, but they're far enough away that the only thing thats ever agro'd my lowbies is a Rare mob (a murloc named Brack). Anyway, huge thanks to Slats for the rundown on Instances. My new guys just hit 20 and I was debating between Stocks and SM.
    Mains - 80 Prot Pally, 80 Blood Death Knight
    5x Paladin (60)
    5x Priest (60)
    5x Druid (60)
    5x Shaman (60)
    4x Warlock (60)
    4x Mage (60)
    4x Rogue (60)
    4x Warrior (25)
    3x Hunter (25)

Thanks a lot Slats, but SFK is horde only right?
    Would DM do the trick as well as SFK do you think?

EvoX, I am only going to be using one level 80 and the two new fresh level 1s, would that plan still be the quickest for me? Do I just kill the crabs with my level 80 and my other characters will still recieve the RAF bonus?

Thanks a lot.