Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: PTR Notes

Default PTR Notes

Would someone please post all the PTR notes for those of us who are blocked from the WoW websites? I'm especially curious to see the druid changes.

Thank you!
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Thanks, Fur!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=210130#po st210130
    * Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. The other effects of resilience (reducing critical chance, critical damage and mana drain effects) have not changed.
    Am I reading this correctly and resilience now reduces all damage from other players? If that's the case, then we're back to DoTs not being as affected by resilience as direct damage (since theirs no crit component)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Owltoid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=210140#post 210140
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=210130#po st210130
    * Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. The other effects of resilience (reducing critical chance, critical damage and mana drain effects) have not changed.
    Am I reading this correctly and resilience now reduces all damage from other players? If that's the case, then we're back to DoTs not being as affected by resilience as direct damage (since theirs no crit component)
    As it should be.That was a BS bandaid anyways.

I am assuming that it means that a DoT's full damage total will be reduced by the same % amount that a nuke or melee attack would be. How this is implemented, I'm not sure, but I am guessing that it would reduce the damage from each tick by X amount.

But it's a bit confusing. First it says that it no longer reduces the amount of damage from DoTs, which implies that DoTs are no longer affected. Then it says that it reduces the amount of all damage done by the same proportion. Since DoTs are damage, I assume it would reduce the damage they do. Then again I'm not sure how it is handled now, are DoTs subject to a different reduction mechanism than direct damage?

Edit- aren't there warlock talents that allow some of their DoT damage to crit? Or am I thinking of something else?
    "Multibox : !! LOZERS !!" My multiboxing blog

For the sake of forum cleanliness, yes I know you will all laugh at me for this, lets please continue this conversation in the PTR Notes sticky :thumbsup:

3.2 PTR NOTES. Please keep all PTR discussions in the sticky.
    Gurb Fan Club:
    #1 Fan - Zenthor