Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default irl name change, my dilema!

Hey all, been wondering as I see time and again all these people having used different names in their accounts getting banned. What to do if I have my very first account with my original name, then later got my name legally changed and my other four accounts are In the new name... What do I do to save my old first account! !

My name change was of a legal matter lol so kinds hate to have to go thru all the red tape, and I'm afraid to call blizzard for fear of losing all my toons!

If my legal name were to change, I would worry more about the red tape with taxes, family book, propertys, bank assets than with Blizzard accounts.

If you had a legal name change, then you have paperwork that shows that name change - likely an amended birth certificate that is certified by the state in which you had the change done. Contact blizzard, explain this, explain you want to change the account name to match current information. They will have you fax copies of said paperwork in and you'll have your account name changed.

I agree with the red tape of a legal name change, having just gone through one myself last year to finalize an informal name change that occurred when I was 2 (1974)... such a royal PITA but finally I never have to explain why my ID isn't what people call me again.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I actually had the same thing happen. I had my name legally changed between when I opened my first and second account, so they were in different names. Its actually one of the easier companies to deal with in the whole ordeal of telling the world your new name. Call them up, talk to an operator and say you legally changed your name. They will then email you a form to fill out. You fill out the form and fax it back to them along with official document ordering the change (court order, marriage certificate) plus photo identification in your new name. Thats about it. Credit cards and such tend to be a bit more of a pain. ;-)

Good luck!
    Anomalee/Anomali - Dual Level 80 Mages of US-Ravencrest