Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 36 of 36

SO i watched the videos and have a quick question, when using an FTL setup can I still use modifiers for keys that are not part of the setup or do I need to have no modifier keys bound at all?

I hope that makes sense.

For example i have my movement keys bound as a keymap where pressing W triggers Shift+W. My forward movement in game is bound to Shift+W. Does having a binding like that screw with a FTL setup?
    No. You would not apply FTL modifiers to movement keys -- you specifically pick which keys you want FTL modifiers applied to. However, the keys you do want FTL modifiers applied to, you are limited to not using conflicting modifiers. If you have 5 or more characters, this generally means you reserve an entire key -- such as a Num key -- for an ability in the game (though you do not need to press that key yourself to activate it, you can use whatever key combination you want). Hope that made sense
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I think i see, so if i have FTL modifiers set up under my characters and I make a /cast Immolate macro, I can use the num1 key as the mapped key target. However I should not make, shift+Num1 do something else like open my bags in wow.

I think i see, so if i have FTL modifiers set up under my characters and I make a /cast Immolate macro, I can use the num1 key as the mapped key target. However I should not make, shift+Num1 do something else like open my bags in wow.
    Correct. (Well, mostly -- Shift+Num 1 isn't a valid key binding anyway, but if you were comparing, say, ] versus shift+] then absolutely)

However, if you avoided using any of CTRL, SHIFT, or ALT as FTL modifiers, you CAN reuse a given key with that modifier. For example, if you are playing 5 characters and used: lctrl, rctrl, lctrl+lalt, lctrl+ralt, rctrl+lalt as modifiers, then you avoided using Shift, and you could use ] for an FTL key, and shift+] for something non-ftl (it may not work with FTL conditionals built into ISBoxer as currently implemented, because it's checking nomod on shift)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Added a link to this thread to the FTL-Wiki.
    - sorry i didn't do this earlier, but somehow I forgot about the wiki-entry (which on its one would need an overhaul).
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

do you need to buy and MAINTAIN a subscription to Innerspace to get ISBoxer to work? I do not want more monthly costs on top of the 5 accounts
    Pally Tank:Pally Protection Tank
    2x DPS Shammy: DPS Shamen
    1 x DPS Druid: Balance DPS Druid
    1 x Resto Shammy: Resto Shammy

ISBoxer is just a GUI front end for InnerSpace. So, the answer is yes.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE