Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default seting up macs for multi toons

hello ok iv got this going . about time just to set you all up on what i have i have 1 of each mage,priest,lock and shammy im 4boxing till i get them up to 19 than ill be putting in my 19 pally into the mix what im tryingto do is fig ont a macro to buff all my party all at once or with 4-5 presses of a key im hoping theres a way to make it do it all with 1 press if you know where a post is that would tell me please let me know or can ya tell me here im new to the 5boxing iv 2box the old way by haveing 1 follow all the time and main do all the work free xp for the the that follows im getting the hang of it slowly have mac on for follow ass i know it more work with all diffent classes but i like a challenge.

peace

skull
    Peace

Skulljr 19 hunter MSred 18 hunter MSpink 18 hunter MSgreen 18 hunter

Death is Just the beginning

you'll want to make it for Arcane Intelect and Fortification buffs right?

the shaman buffs via totems, and the pally buff lasts only 10 minutes at your level.

i would use alt modifiers and place this macro in an actionbar key linked to a keypress.

first the macro:
    Fort:
    /cast [nomod, target=player] Power Word: Fortitude
    /cast [mod:alt, target=mage_name] Power Word: Fortitude
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=pally_name] Power Word: Fortitude
    /cast [mod:shift, target=shaman_name] Power Word: Fortitude

that's one macro. pick an icon for it then put the icon in an actionbar.
    now, go to keybindings and change that actionbar slot to F5.

now go on your mage.
    do the same thing as above except switch out mage_name with your priest_name, and change "Power Word: Fortitude" to "Arcane Intelect".
    on your mage, move the macro icon to an actionbar button. now bind that actionbar button to an actual key, like... say... F5.

i would do it a bit different for your pally, as his buffs are only 10 minutes long until you get "Greater" blessings.

once you get the group-wide buffs, you can toss this macro out the window.

now, what it should do:
    press F5 and you will cast Fort on the priest and arcane int on the mage.
    press ALT+F5 and you will cast fort on the mage and arcane int on the priest.
    press ctrl+F5 and you will cast fort and int on the pally.
    press shift+F5 and you will cast fort and int on the shaman.

The simplest solution is to install the SmartBuff addon. Configure it on each toon to cast appropriate buffs, assign the SmartBuff trigger to the same key on all toons, then whenever SmartBuff warns you that a buff is running out (with an onscreen message and accompanying sound, so you can't miss it), just spam your buff key a few times.

Easy.

thanks for the info very helpfull can i make a macro to heal as well? would i just replaes the buffs with the heal spell? allso i tryed to do a stopespell mace cant seem to get it to work

what i was doing is i start off with my dot from priest and lock on one key press then i send bolt frost and shock i think its on my shammy on one key press but what i was trying to do was have my shammy go melee at the same time as i shoot a fire ball and smite on the same key im think as the mob get in to melee with shammy id just stop his spell and keep the other two spelle going.. i hope the you can under stand what im asking
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by 'davedontmind',index.php?page=Thread&postID=169635 #post169635
    The simplest solution is to install the SmartBuff addon. Configure it on each toon to cast appropriate buffs, assign the SmartBuff trigger to the same key on all toons, then whenever SmartBuff warns you that a buff is running out (with an onscreen message and accompanying sound, so you can't miss it), just spam your buff key a few times.

Easy.

thanks i will look in to it.

works nice thank you

thanks
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by 'elsegundo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=169427#po st169427
    you'll want to make it for Arcane Intelect and Fortification buffs right?

the shaman buffs via totems, and the pally buff lasts only 10 minutes at your level.

i would use alt modifiers and place this macro in an actionbar key linked to a keypress.

first the macro:
    Fort:
    /cast [nomod, target=player] Power Word: Fortitude
    /cast [mod:alt, target=mage_name] Power Word: Fortitude
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=pally_name] Power Word: Fortitude
    /cast [mod:shift, target=shaman_name] Power Word: Fortitude

that's one macro. pick an icon for it then put the icon in an actionbar.
    now, go to keybindings and change that actionbar slot to F5.

now go on your mage.
    do the same thing as above except switch out mage_name with your priest_name, and change "Power Word: Fortitude" to "Arcane Intelect".
    on your mage, move the macro icon to an actionbar button. now bind that actionbar button to an actual key, like... say... F5.

i would do it a bit different for your pally, as his buffs are only 10 minutes long until you get "Greater" blessings.

once you get the group-wide buffs, you can toss this macro out the window.

now, what it should do:
    press F5 and you will cast Fort on the priest and arcane int on the mage.
    press ALT+F5 and you will cast fort on the mage and arcane int on the priest.
    press ctrl+F5 and you will cast fort and int on the pally.
    press shift+F5 and you will cast fort and int on the shaman.
    thank for that info great help

the only thing i did was changed the fort buf to the healing spell and put in the name i wanted to heal i did this for all my healing classes here is the macro i made

/cast [nomod, target=freezz] Healing Wave <-------- worked
    /cast [mod:alt, target=torza] Healing Wave <-------- worked
    /cast [mod:ctrl, target=shodowass] Healing Wave
    /cast [mod:shift, target=imdahealer] Healing Wave
    cant not get the other to heal can you help

peace

skull
    Peace

make sure the keys are not bound to anything. shift and ctrl, plus an F-key are usually bound to a pet command, as far as i kow. make sure your scroll down your WoW's keybinding menu and note that no spells, abilities or commands uses that button combination.

thanks for the help it looks like its working now
    Peace