Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default YAY merry christmas

Today I got a new 2.4 ghz i mac got it to 3g's of ram downloading wow as we speak this is a big upgrade was playing on a 1.2 ghz g4 which could not play wotlk so i get to multi box again!!'

merry christmas :thumbsup:
    Feel the power, love the power!!!! and I Ji?? in my pants

Congrats!

I use a PC to 5-box now (used to use a Macbook Pro), but I use a Mac for e-mail and communication at my shop. Love it.

Glad to hear about your new machine!!
    Ellusia, Ellusie, Ellusii, Ellusio, Ellusiu
    <Just One Box> of Garrosh-US
    FOR THE HORDE!

Grats!! What screen size did you get? I love the build quality of the iMacs and the 24" is huge.

Have fun and happy boxing.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by 'moosejaw',index.php?page=Thread&postID=161587#pos t161587
    Grats!! What screen size did you get? I love the build quality of the iMacs and the 24" is huge.

Have fun and happy boxing.
    If it's 2.4 ghz then it's a 20", the 24's start at 2.8 ghz.

I have the 24", 2.8 ghz with the HD 2600Pro. I love this machine, it's a beast! I had a dual G5 with 8 gigs of ram and a 23" Cinema before, and this thing blows that away. (I'd love a MacPro, but I can't afford one right now)
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

Default RE: YAY merry christmas

Quote Originally Posted by 'pewshamanper',index.php?page=Thread&postID=161254 #post161254
    Today I got a new 2.4 ghz i mac got it to 3g's of ram downloading wow as we speak this is a big upgrade was playing on a 1.2 ghz g4 which could not play wotlk so i get to multi box again!!'

merry christmas :thumbsup:
    Congrats, I know you'll love it. I went from a pretty fast G5 to an iMac, and that difference was huge, I can't imagine how much better it is for you!

Two things:

Get 4 gigs of ram. I got mine at Fry's for $50 for two sticks of 2 gig, works fine. Ram is dirt cheap right now, there's no reason not to max it out.

Download SMCFanControl, and keep an eye on your temps. I run 3 copies, with zero problems, but I need to crank the fans up a little during long sessions.

Other than that, enjoy! I love my iMac, best purchase I've ever made, I love the amount of desk space I have now, the screen is gorgeous, and it's fast - and best of all...it's SILENT. My G5 was getting loud in it's old age, with all of it's fans!
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck