Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Hunter wih Druid Pet?

Ok, so I had the idea to dualbox a hunter with a bear form druid as his 'pet'. Doing this for PVE Instances, as my small family/friends guild is chronically short on man-power, and I love the feel of a pet tank tanking (like it can on 3man Bosses and for Normal Questing); but of course pets have a hard time doing this in instances because of mitigation and threat issues. Since my pet since day one has been a bear it got me thinking... "Why can't my pet bear be as good as a druid bear?", then I thought of multiboxing and asked... "Why can't a druid bear be my pet?".

Has anyone else thought about or done this? What would be the best route to accomplish it? Can I make or find an Add-On that would let me control the druid-bear with a "Pet Bar"?

I have multiple computers at my disposal and am a computer science major, just haven't really looked into this whole dualboxing thing and haven't messed around much with the macros or addons (i like to play the game, i do enough crunching for homework ) but I'm sure I could figure it out if i wanted to, just thought I'd touch base here first to see if I could save myself some trouble/time if it isn't possible or if someone else has already figured it out.

Start with reading the wiki, come back with specific questions.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki

Default Or

Having set up and run Hunters and druids, I don't see you receiving the results you are looking for. If you are interested in 'playing' the hunter while having the druid move rather autonomously, like pets do, you likely won't get the results you are interested in achieving. This is because melee (including beardrooid) underperforms when it comes to dual/multi boxing, and requires much more micro management.

It would be different if you could /autofollow opponents whilst attacking, like in DAOC...but that isn't the case here.

That being said, you could very simply 'play' the druid, whilst having the hunter follow and shoot on all targets that it acquires. My opinion is that it would do little more than wet your appetite for bigger and better boxing. (esp when that combo gets steamrolled by a 5 box passerby)

Cheers!

most of us here with teams have a pet tank. its usually a pally, a druid, or a warrior... and just recently... a pet dk.
    some of us have multiple hunters with pets or multiple warlocks with pets... this kinda replaces the pets above, but not entirely as the mechanics are a bit different.

when i was leveling my mixed party through outland, my hunter was already lvl 70 and purped out, so there really was no hope of my warrior ever holding threat until she closed the level/gear gap a bit. so, if i ran the warrior as my main, leaving my ranged guys camped back in good bow range, the mobs would often run passed and then i'd need to back my hunter up to keep dealing dmg. so, what i did was to run my hunter as main and spec'd and glyphed my prot warrior to optimize charge as much as possible. she can charge once per 12 seconds, and do so in combat, and has an extra 5 yards range.

what this allowed me to do was to send her in after the first mob, along with my charging boar and felguard pets. the three pets could threat and cc juggle the mobs so thoroughly, that they rarely let the mob passed. even when they did, i could hit follow again, and my warrio would run back towards me, hitting the mob in the ass the whole time. there was an especially fun mechanic i used when the mob got close enough, where my shammy would thunderstorm, my hunter would disengage (jumps backwards), and i'd have my pets re-charge the enemy once they had been blasted clear. was really silly, and added a lot of fun to random mob fights. i was generally impressed with how efficient my warrior still managed to be, even without my direct melee control. of course, now that she's caught up, i have her as my main, since she can hold threat no matter what.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Horde -- Nordrassil US (PvE)
    Drooz for Cheeses: Balsfjord / Cheddam / Oaxaca / Valdeon -- 4x 80 Tauren Druids
    Four on the Floorgasm: Dellawyn 80 Hunter / Treppa 80 Shaman / Nulzette 80 Warrior / Vellamak 80 Warlock
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Quote Originally Posted by 'elsegundo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=158814#po st158814
    most of us here with teams have a pet tank. its usually a pally, a druid, or a warrior... and just recently... a pet dk.
    some of us have multiple hunters with pets or multiple warlocks with pets... this kinda replaces the pets above, but not entirely as the mechanics are a bit different.
    I like to think my tank has a bunch of pet dps and a pet healer
    [align=center]March of Souls, Illidan (US)
    [/align][align=center]Warrior, Warlock x 3, Priest
    [/align][align=center][----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----X]
    [/align]

Omega - You are a born roleplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by 'unseen',index.php?page=Thread&postID=158840#post1 58840
    Quote Originally Posted by 'elsegundo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=158814#po st158814
    I like to think my tank has a bunch of pet dps and a pet healer
    lol that too!