Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default Will I survive? - PVE 3-boxing

Am currently leveling up a pve group (~35 atm) that will eventually consist of 1 prot Paladin and 2 elem Shamans for the purpose of pve - namely heroic instances...

So, the question I wanted some opinions on before I get there and find out, is do you think 3 maning instances will be possible? or will there not be enough dps/heals to survive? essentially, Should I stick to 3 accounts, or go all the way and get 2 more if my aim is for some instance fun?

You have no healing and no crowd control so you have no chance at doing heroics :/

Quote Originally Posted by 'Enct',index.php?page=Thread&postID=158214#post158 214
    You have no healing and no crowd control so you have no chance at doing heroics :/
    Shamans can do both of those things.

But heroics do tend towards needing a dedicated healer, and a full party. Maybe when elementals are finally adjusted for L80, totem runs will be more practical again. But I doubt you can take a tank and two DPS-spec characters into most heroic-mode fights and do much unless you overgear the tar out of it. There are exceptions like being able to down Loatheb with the right team (which is not likely to be a pair of elemental shamans) - if you take three hours to do it. But in general, not happening.

You'll be short a dedicated healer, and short on DPS / CC. I was able to clear 5 mans at the level of my 3 shaman with my T5 Druid tanking for them. It was tough because I was short DPS, but I made up for that in gear / high survivability on my Druid.

No chance huh? Thanks for the replies tho!

Yea, was thinking having the shammys offheal and hex for cc.

How about 4 accounts then? like say... drop the shammys for two dedicated dps- say mages, and pick up an extra holy pally spamming FoL on the Prot Pally buffed with Beacon?

Maybe I should just suck it up and get 2 more accounts...

There's really no way that you will be able to handle it because your healer will go out of mana before you can get enough damage out, not to mention fights where adds spawn where you'd just get overwhelmed. Consider that with 2 more DPS, you'd likely triple your damage output, and that's what the content is designed for. Now, maybe if you worked at it for the next year you'd down a few bosses on heroic with 3, but don't PLAN on it.

Yeah, I'm running 3 - druid, lock and mage, and there's no way I'd be able to handle a Heroic.

Just get 2 more accounts if that's what you want - I'm not planning on 3-manning even normal mode Northrend instances.

However, for questing, 3 kick ass.
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

owells, there goes my dream, thanks for the info and opinions!

now...to decide if i want to pay $100 aus a month for this game... at least there are sales on battle chests atm.

Default RE: Will I survive? - PVE 3-boxing

Quote Originally Posted by 'Dumbfounded',index.php?page=Thread&postID=158207# post158207
    So, the question I wanted some opinions on before I get there and find out, is do you think 3 maning instances will be possible?
    I think u should learn more wow.

Konnichiwa @ Grim Batol [EU][PvP]
    www.5konnichiwa.blogspot.com

Default RE: RE: Will I survive? - PVE 3-boxing

Quote Originally Posted by 'merujo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=158324#post1 58324
    I think u should learn more wow.
    Yeah, I prolly should learn more wow, TBC specifically tho.

I just figured it would be possible, the way my old guildies and I would 3 man orb runs in live Strat back in Vanilla Wow.