Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default For all the multiboxers having problems upgrading online their accounts, READ THIS

Hi, upgrading online for multiboxer is often the preferred method when you have 5 accounts - who wants to be seen buying 5 accounts of wow at the local store?

But, the blizzard online account upgrade page will often return INVALID CREDIT CARD for many many people, and almost all foreign people (I am in Canada and I get the message). This is because their page does one US security checks and one blizzard check. I spent about 2 weeks trying to get it to work, as my credit cards works for the subscription just fine.

The first check is your name. It states that you need to enter your name as it appears on the credit card. This is false. My name on the credit card is Alexandre H Tremblay. But the name I registered with is Alexandre Harvey-Tremblay. So I have to enter the name I registered with and NOT the name on my credit card.

The second check is your postal code. In canada, we have postal code of the form J9J2X2. In the US, the last 4 digit of your credit card is your zip code, so the blizzard page checks for it. You must enter the last 4 digits of your credit card in the zip code textbox and it will work.

So to all those who have a pain trying to upgrade online, do this and it will work like a charm!

Good luck.

(downloading WOTLK at 1.2 megabyte/sec WOOHOO!)

Default RE: For all the multiboxers having problems upgrading online their accounts, READ THIS

Quote Originally Posted by 'ahtremblay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=151190#p ost151190
    who wants to be seen buying 5 accounts of wow at the local store?
    whats the big deal ?
    i see ppl buying ps3's and guitars for guitar hero

Konnichiwa @ Grim Batol [EU][PvP]
    www.5konnichiwa.blogspot.com

big deal is where i am they sell it for 50$ instead of 39.99$ like online.

What if theres a chick working in the store and she likes wow? :P lolin

Or alternatively instead of spending 2 weeks trying to get this to work (wtf?) you could have simply called the 1800 billing number that pops up when the error happens and buy/register all 5 accounts over the phone in 10 minutes.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

i got mine in stores... not sure what the problem is =p
    Someguy: "You must really like playing with yourself"
    Me: "OH HELLS YEAH!"

I was in line 4 hours prior to midnight on the 13th with a group of friends. I didn't even consider if buying 5 copies might seem weird to the hot chick in the night elf Costume, or any of the other 999ish people in that line.
    1Priest, 4Mages Qyx, Kwix, Aquix, Cquix, Quixar // 5 Shammies, Quixs, Quixas, Quixbs, Quixcs, Quixds // Quix Inc (Gurubashi PVP)

Default RE: For all the multiboxers having problems upgrading online their accounts, READ THIS

Quote Originally Posted by 'ahtremblay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=151190#p ost151190
    In the US, the last 4 digit of your credit card is your zip code, so the blizzard page checks for it.
    This is not correct. The credit card number is a combination of several different fields, the last number of which is a checksum of the other digits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_card_numbers.
    Horde: 80 Hunter | 70 Pally | 2x70 Shamans | 70 Resto Druid
    Alliance: 80 DK

Thanks for the suggestion =)

However, just for clarification, last I checked the expansion was $45 CDN or $51 with taxes . It is $40 USD online, which is basically $51 CDN based on the current exchange rate [1 USD = 1.27 CDN] (although the CC companies may have a higher rate and charge a fee). Personally, I am waiting until ilt goes down to at least $40CDN before I buy it, proabably even lower if I can wait.

I also have no issues going to a store and buying five copies of the expansion. That really shouldn't bother or embarass anyone . Five copies = slapping your big epeen on the counter!!

Banned from Orbit

Hi, upgrading online for multiboxer is often the preferred method when you have 5 accounts - who wants to be seen buying 5 accounts of wow at the local store?

But, the blizzard online account upgrade page will often return INVALID CREDIT CARD for many many people, and almost all foreign people (I am in Canada and I get the message). This is because their page does one US security checks and one blizzard check. I spent about 2 weeks trying to get it to work, as my credit cards works for the subscription just fine.

The first check is your name. It states that you need to enter your name as it appears on the credit card. This is false. My name on the credit card is Alexandre H Tremblay. But the name I registered with is Alexandre Harvey-Tremblay. So I have to enter the name I registered with and NOT the name on my credit card.

The second check is your postal code. In canada, we have postal code of the form J9J2X2. In the US, the last 4 digit of your credit card is your zip code, so the blizzard page checks for it. You must enter the last 4 digits of your credit card in the zip code textbox and it will work.

So to all those who have a pain trying to upgrade online, do this and it will work like a charm!

Good luck.

(downloading WOTLK at 1.2 megabyte/sec WOOHOO!)
    eh? None of this matched my upgrade information. In fact the name on some of my accounts are peoples names I just made up from my work. Also, in the US, the last 4 digits of all my credit cards are completely different and none of them match my zip (postal) code. Not sure where you got that information from. I only upgraded one account online to Wrath of the Lich King. All others were from the packages bought from newegg.com. That one account had a different name on the account than what was on my credit card. And I was able to do the online upgrade using my credit cards name, not the registered name on the account.