Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What classes

Default What classes

Right now i have 2 acocunts, and i pretty much just follow my mage while i destroy stuff for pretty much everything.... kind of boring, melee / caster was a bad idea...

So, i want to get a 3rd and 4th account going, but i cant think of what classes i want to use. Anyone have any good ideas of fun combos where you dont have to spend the entire fight making sure your mage isnt facing the opposite of where it should be?

What about Warlocks and Shadow Priests? They have fantastic synergy.

I'd hardly call this asking for support, it's just a question asking which classes are fun to play.

Shammies or mages mate.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

is ur melee a tanking class? if so i enjoy tank / magex3 / healer for pve takes alot more mind work keeping track of aggro / cc / healing but if your up for the challenge its def more of a legit way to clear instances than trying to blow it away with a single class which seems rather gear dependant to begin with....

if going pvp i'd say priest / locks or all shammys

Don't alt your melee character. Rather macro your mage so you can work your mage while maining your melee character. :P

It's much easier to get the max out of both chars that way.

Either way, to dualbox, nearly anything is possible. AoE fear won't mess you up too badly, it's not too hard to get two chars back together. So option for PvP are much more open as well. 2v2 arena would be nearly impossible, but as a dualboxer, you can sure be effective in a 5v5 team, or maybe even a 3v3 if the second player is good on the cc. In bg's, anything is possible. :P

Some dualboxes I've seen that sound like fun to me on an overall scale (pve/pvp):

2x boomkin, 2x mage, warlock/priest, 2x hunter, 2x rogue

More pve combo's:

resto shaman/tank or priest/tank (If you go resto shaman and prot warrior, you might be able to do decent respeccing your warrior for pvp as well. They have good synergies.)
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Hi guys! This is my first time to post here. I've been dualboxing for 2 months now and I'm loving it. This is a great community of gamers.

tl1234,

This post isn't really geared towards 3-4 toons, but what I've tried with two. These are a few combos I tried just to find out what matches up well and what is too much of a pain. I'm no expert at WoW, but maybe that will help you more than hurt as I'll keep it simple. ;o)

(keep in mind that for all of these pairs I've been using the Recruit-a-Friend program, so I get triple xp for mobs and quests)

Hunter/Hunter - awesome speed tearing through mobs. I used 2 cats with dash, claw, growl, bite, and cobra reflexes. I buffed armor, then stamina where I could since the cat has decent stamina. I dualboxed these to 59 in 2d18h. Equip costs weren't a huge deal since I could mostly avoid melee, and I didn't buy anything that wasn't absurdly cheap in the AH. Just quest rewards for most armor, though I did buy bow upgrades when I could.

Mage/Priest - meh. The only reason I picked this combo is because these are two classes I hadn't played and wanted to see some of the class mechanics, etc. I didn't enjoy this combo all that much. I never could get the timing and spells down the way I like. I wanted to keep Firebolt/Smite together to spam, but I wanted to pull with Frostbolt and not use it again on the mob. That didn't sync well with SW: Pain since it's instant cast, but it was the other spell that I would just use once on a mob. The "bail out" spells like psychic scream and frost nova were nice, and the buffs, free water/food was nice for the pair. I played these to 31.

Hunter/Priest - Using the Recruit a Friend level grants from the hunter on my guest acct, I granted the priest on my host acct up to 59. This combo doesn't have the killspeed of 2 hunters, but it has almost no downtime. I spec'd the priest Disc and the hunter is of course BM. The reason I went Disc on the priest is for the spirit buff, improved PW Shield, and the reflective shield (reflects 50% of all dmg back on the attacker). My attack macro puts the hunter's mark on a mob, sends in the ravager (i waited until 62 to get a ravager so I could grab one with Gore 8 ) and the priest bubbles the ravager. Once the ravager has the attention of the mob, I'll start ranged attacks with the hunter and wands with the priest. The pet returns quickly, and almost always still bubbled. I have a lot of healing macros setup so the priest can bail out or bubble whichever of the trio is in trouble. Occasionally I'll couple Serpent Sting with the hunter's SW: Pain on an elite, or if I aggro too many mobs and need health ticking down on one while I work on another. The CC of frost trap and psychic scream have bailed me out of most sticky situations. I've died three times through Hellfire and in my first quests in Zangarmarsh. All three times were fighting elites.

Warlock/Warlock - This is really fun. I've spec'd them both Affliction. I have played with demonology a bit on my first toon, but I still think Affliction is the best leveling spec. You can take sets of 3-4 mobs back to back pretty easily, especially when you get Howl of Terror and Dark Pact. The instant cast dots allow for less worrying about positioning. I only have this pair to 31 right now, but I think at 40 this is going to get *really* fun 40-59 should be cake. I'll start dotting up (Siphon Life, CoA, Corruption) 3-4 mobs, bouncing them away with HoT, then drain tanking the closest one. It was a nice bonus to get mounts free at 30, too. Playtime for this pair is just over 1d, but some of that has been wasted in leveling Tailoring on one and playing around with some new mods. Gearing up has been inexpensive. The only thing that ticks me off is that the spell power of double DoT's is more than enough to kill mobs 3-4 levels higher, but a lot of mobs that high resist too much. You have to spend more points in Suppression than is normally recommended unless you try to keep it to mobs that are close to your same level.

Druid/Shaman - I don't know why, but I didn't have too much fun with this pair. Only leveled to 21. This is supposed to be a great duo according to others, though, especially in later levels with a balance druid/elemental shaman.

Rogue/Druid - Got the Rogue to 20, then started dualboxing the Rogue with the Druid when I got cat form. Wow. You can tear through a single mob so fast it's scary. Good synergy (sorry for using that word) with these classes... generating combo points and finishing moves, stealth, similar gear and desired stats keeps it simple. It's nice to have a built in healer, too. Sometimes I have positioning issues as is said to be typical with melee classes, like with the Ashenvale Outrunners that will try to trap or freeze you, then run away and shoot you with ranged attacks. Not that big of a deal, though. On mobs that don't move much, I have fun using the attacks from behind. I'll park the rogue in front of the mob and attack, switch windows and move the druid around behind and use Shred. Usually the mob will turn to face the cat and then I'll use backstab with the rogue, then the mob will turn back around, etc... I only have these at 24, but I think it's just going to get better and better. I'm taking this pair to 70 and beyond. I'm not much for world pvp, but I bet you could really piss off the other faction with these 2.

Warrior/Warrior - only have this pair at 14. It's easy, and a bit boring so far, but ok. I've only died 2 or 3 times, mostly from not watching my environment carefully enough. Very gear dependent and will probably be expensive throughout the journey. I don't have problems killing single mobs that are 1-3 levels higher than me.

Warrior/Shaman - I granted the shammy up to 40 with RaF bonuses, and this will be my next project once I get the warrior pair to 40 so I can pair one of them up with the shammy. I think this is going to be a really fun pair. Good melee, tanking, some crowd control, heals, and and buffs. I'm going all dps for both of these toons.

Anyway, I hope that helps! Don't be afraid to mix up different classes, just make sure to do a little research to find out at what level they get their key abilities and ride it out until then if you can. Also, check out this post. I believe this guy's tours will help you avoid the time-costly collection quests: Horde Multi Boxing RAF 1-60 Leveling Guide

--peace