Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 55

Default A GM contacted me today...

edit: I hope you're happy now.

Default RE: A GM contacted me today...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hypermoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=130421#pos t130421
    I got a surprise message from a GM today. I parked all of my shaman (5x Bear Mounts) on the alliance battle master NPCs in Shattrath. Apparently the alliance didn't like that too much, because the GM actually told me to move! :D

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...vePleaseGM.jpg
    twit
    glo.......80 Prot Pal.....deathglo....80 DK..................
    globee...80 Ele Sham...deafvader..80 DK....Alliance side..
    glocee...80 Ele Sham...darfvader...80 DK...LightningHoof..
    glodee...80 Ele Sham...sithknight..80 DK.......................
    glostyle..80 Res Sham..deathvader.80 DK........................

To be honest I'd report you too. There are few things more annoying than someone deliberately positioning a mount over something you are trying to interact with.
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

Hit Ctrl-V, or whatever you have bound to "Show All Name Plates" and then right click on the NPCs name plate.
    Problem solved.

The problem has been solved when the person deliberately trying to obscure access to an object has been removed. There is no acceptable reason for someone deliberately positioning five characters over a NPC. This is one of my pet peeves!
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fleecy',index.php?page=Thread&postID=130431#post1 30431
    The problem has been solved when the person deliberately trying to obscure access to an object has been removed. There is no acceptable reason for someone deliberately positioning five characters over a NPC. This is one of my pet peeves!
    I agree but it's Blizzard's fault for not making NPCs unblockable.
    I was just trying to point out a method to access even a blocked NPC as not many people seem to know about it

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hypermoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=130433#pos t130433
    ... and I never expected to be told to move.
    You're disrupting other people's game play. Quite frankly, I'm shocked that you didn't get a three-hour ban or some such thing. And by the way, anti-multiboxers read this forum all the time. Posting threads like this makes us all look bad. Don't do it again.
    Basilikos
    Icecrown US Alliance

Mixed Group of Unholy DeathKnight, Holy Priest, Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Arcane Mage, Balance/Restoration Druid
    Second Mixed group of Protection Paladin, Discipline Priest, Fire Mage, Affliction Warlock, Affliction Warlock

5 Balance Druids - Shelved at 65
    Holy Priest and 4 Warlocks - Shelved at 71
    Protection Paladin and 4 Shadow Priests - Shelved at 60
    5 Elemental Shaman - Shelved at 60

Quote Originally Posted by 'moog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=130436#post130 436
    I agree but it's Blizzard's fault for not making NPCs unblockable.
    It is indeed.

However, while it may be a flaw of design it's certainly a flaw of character to abuse a known issue that prevents other players from easy access. And I do know about the CTRL+V trick, but it's easy enough to make that difficult when the person walks around in a highly crowded area, bouncing the nameplates everywhere.

I find there nothing to be gloating about in this thread. In fact, it's quite distasteful (not to mention -- as you've found -- against the rules) if you made it a point to AFK there on purpose. I'm fairly certain if you make it a habit, the GM won't be so lenient the next time.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

You are lucky you were only told to move.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer