Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default something new - split screen 2players 1 pc

title says it all but ill explain any ways,

heres wsup, me and my friend play lots of wow and we also play lots of xbox360 at splitscreen, now we all hait ms and others that follow there path with the trend of
    1) no games for pc
    2) no split screen for pc

but heres what, how about you run 2 copys of wow split screen way (dont have to be real split screen, you can actually use 2 lcd screens side by side =p ohh pcs <3)
    my friends pc is intel q6600, 4gigs of ddr2 ram, gf8800gt .. from reading this forums i understand that thats nuf to run 5 boxing setup so why not 2boxing erm, split screen 2man 1 pc setup?

now the idea i had was running with 2 keybords with one working normaly and other having all its keys maped as key+alt so your wdas is actually alt+w alt+d alt+a alt +s etc.. that way unless if my friends hit alt (as i know he will when we finaly duel and we will have good lauth about it after i punch him xD)

but i have no idea how to do it, was thinking about maybe getting that xkeys pro thing and playing with it wich i guess is an option but i still not sure as for what setps are needed (the need to pass keypress for all open instances is still needed as its 2 programs and windows cant have focus on two programs at the same time [thats an idea, any chance one could program a such tool that will have focus on two or more apps?] regardless... this is where you come in =p

so how do one splitscreen play wow 2guys 1 pc =p ?

You are Dizzee Rascal and I claim my £5

Sorry, do you want a software recommendation for splitting the screen and passing actions?

Keyclone will do it, you can use Maximiser to split the screen and pass commands between them. 2 guys playing one PC sounds like a pain in the arse to me though.
    Level 80 - Strokemagnet (F Druid) / Stoatcakes (H Druid) / Awesomehorse - Cautionhorse - Portionhorse (Warlocks)

Level 60 - Elvisparsley (DK) / Chiveaid (Priest) / Chilliocean - Hammerthyme - Rickhashtley (DKs)

I don't think (I could be wrong) that you can do this.

Your first problem is that you would need to have two inputs for keyboard, and 2 inputs for mice.
    The next problem is that the computer would need to figure out what device was supposed to work on what application.
    The next problem is, if you use Maximizer with KeyClone on one PC, the window you click on will have "focus" and commands will be sent to that window.

Just my thoughts.
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Doing that does not fiz MS.
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

Not to mention you might get your accounts flagged for unwanted attention by Blizzard if two different people are the registered owner of the 2 accounts being run on the same pc at the same time. There are a number of ways that Blizzard can easily detect this.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Xar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=123658#post1236 58
    Not to mention you might get your accounts flagged for unwanted attention by Blizzard if two different people are the registered owner of the 2 accounts being run on the same pc at the same time. There are a number of ways that Blizzard can easily detect this.
    Yeah, but in this case I think they would only call you up to laugh at you. :P
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

I saw this post and admittedly, I thought it was a joke.. 2 guys and 1 computer... hah, reminded me of the 2 girls and 1 cup...
    Rin
    Retired 10-Boxer (Wildhammer [A], Burning Legion [H]-USA)

I've done this. Use keyclone to split the screen. If you have two monitors you don't need keyclone, just open two different instances of wow. The trick isn't using alt. That'll screw up your friend. You have to unbind half of the keyboard from one account, and the other half from the other account. Like, your friend only can use A-T and you use Y-P. Chatting will screw one of you up though. And you'll have to pass the mouse back and forth. Probably not worth it with a friend, although worth it if you have little kids who you let play on your computer with you.

i ended up building some pc from scraps we had (combained our old tosted machines, p4 lga775 3ghz 512mb ram ati x600 - yak) so now we have 2 systems and 2 mouses\keybords.. =p

still could be nice to have spliscreen mod to wow as a built in thing as well as say multi log in: one instance cuple actounts\characters (can put limits.. must be same faction realm etc) would be nice if we had native support for multi char play eh? they can keep the added monthly fee part, like that ever stoped any one