Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default So who's going for deathknight main tank in WOTLK?

Currently, my main account has an epiced out 70 hunter.. and then I have 4 additional accounts where my shaman reside.
    I will definitely get them all to level (edit) 80, then level a deathknight on my hunter account.. so that I can have a heavy tank for instances at 80..

EPIC! Your thoughts on this matter? Any idea if there are any synergy openings for deathknight + elemshams?

My current situation is that I often have to search for a tank to do heroics with.. which I absolutely hate. The reason I started multiboxing was to never have to depend on anyone else to do the stuff I want, and now I depend on them to do heroics.. bleh! Really looking forward to pimping out a deathknight with tanking gear.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein
    EINSTEIN SUX WHENS RNG!

Also.. any AOE tanking ideas/specs for deathknight?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein
    EINSTEIN SUX WHENS RNG!

My 1st set of 80 will be: Shaman, Shaman, Pally, Shaman, Mage.

My 2nd set of 80 will be: Rogue, Priest, Shaman Warrior, and Pally

Maybe the 3rd set of 80 will have a DK.
    Sanctume [Paladin] + [Team Shaman] Sanctumea + Sanctumei + Sanctumeo

The DK seems a good choice, most of all because they start out at lvl 55. According to blue posts, all the tanking classes will be viable heroic tanks with the right spec/gear. Since we don't really know how the DK will end up, it's difficult to say, however what makes the paladin shine in tanking for multiboxers is that it doesn't require a lot of micromanagement. I don't know whether this is true for the DK or not, but I'm guessing the answer to the question is closely related to whether it'll require a lot of micromanagement or not.
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

I understand that Blizzard has the intention to make many DK specs viable for tanking, so hopefully there is one that, while perhaps being sub-optimal, will provide simplistic thread generation and a fair amount of AoE threat.

People are implying that Blizzard is trying to remedy the current lack of 5-man tanks by making most of the DK talent trees viable for tanking.. so there will probably be a blood-oriented tank spec, along with frost- and unholy-oriented ones.

Maybe all it takes is proper tanking gear, and pretty much any DK spec will work as long as you have a fair amount of healing.
    EINSTEIN SUX WHENS RNG!

I think DK will be the best tank out there. The reason that i say this is because Blizz stated that DK will be a tanking class. With that Blizz will make every attempt to make it the best tank out there. But i do think that it will need a lot of micro managing.
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80

The reason Paladins are the perferred MB tanking class is due to the minialization of micromanagement as has already been stated in this thread. The REASON paladins require so little micromanagement is for one simple reason....Consecration. DKs will have Death & Decay and imho the effectiveness of it in a tanking situtation will largely determine how much micromanagement they require while tanking. Warriors TC is also getting boosted WOTLK so who knows they may not even be such a pita to tank with while MB'ing either.

Not having a single beta key unlike some of the lucky punks in these forums I have not been able to test any of this out on my own :P

I think the deep Unholy tree has the best AoE tanking potential with diseases and death & decay etc.

Also, found a GREAT elemental shaman synergy talent: Ebon Plague [wowhead].
    EINSTEIN SUX WHENS RNG!

Unless I see something really compelling between now and WotLK, I'm not planning to create any DeathKnights at all until my raiding character and at least one of my teams is level 80.

Then, when the furour has died down, and every man and his dog has one, I'll give it a shot myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tdog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=103514#post103 514
    The reason Paladins are the perferred MB tanking class is due to the minialization of micromanagement as has already been stated in this thread. The REASON paladins require so little micromanagement is for one simple reason....Consecration. DKs will have Death & Decay and imho the effectiveness of it in a tanking situtation will largely determine how much micromanagement they require while tanking. Warriors TC is also getting boosted WOTLK so who knows they may not even be such a pita to tank with while MB'ing either.

Not having a single beta key unlike some of the lucky punks in these forums I have not been able to test any of this out on my own :P
    Death and decay has to be targeted much like blizzard for mages. Dunno how much micromanagement you would actually wanna do ect.