Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default New dual-Boxer (havn't started yet) questions

I am very interested in starting a dual-boxing pair. i am leaning towards a Pally and a Shaman since those are the two classes i really havn't played. I'm looking for opinions on which builds they should both be, i was figuring Shaman would go Ele and the Pally Prot? or would the pally be better off going another direction in the talent tree?

My other question is who would i control? the Pally right? since he would be melee?

I think that's it,

thanks for your expert insight,

Enxt

I would go with a retribution paladin, and a elemental shaman spec.

Prot can be nice i guess. But only around lvl30 or so its really intresting with regards of AOE grinding. That said, i think its more fun to play a retri pala while leveling
    SingleHelix, DoubleHelix, TrippleHelix, QuadHelix, Sandaleth(70) (4x Shaman 1 x Paladin)
    Current level : 70

Currently on hold : Sandalith(40), Sandaloth(40), Sandaluth(70), Sandalath(40)
    http://lorune.blogspot.com/

thanks for the quick reply. I'll look on the pally boards for a good ret build.

Another question I have is I already have a 20 shaman and the pally would be on the other account. Would of be better to just start a new shammy to to with the pally or level the pally up with the 20 shammy in toe?

Its so fast up to level 20, u can do it in a single day. I personally would just start a single and lvl it up to 20. and then join the pala.

On the other hand if you want to get used to the expierence of dual-boxing right of the bat instead of setting it up at around level 20, then just restart with both toons.

Its a matter of personal preferenc i guess
    SingleHelix, DoubleHelix, TrippleHelix, QuadHelix, Sandaleth(70) (4x Shaman 1 x Paladin)

thought of another question. Is a pally and shaman a good combo even? Will I blow through higher level content?

I also just read that you can't make a bloodelf ok trial accounts. So how can I make a pally on horse aide and still get the RAF bonus?

Thanks again!
    Enxt

Not sure about the blood elf pala question since i always bought boxes and know nothing of the RAF stuff.

About the pala shaman combo, lets just say its not a combination i would pick personal.

Thought i guess the Tank / Healer combo could work, perhaps even Tank / DPS but lets just say i would not pick it

okay after i thought about it, i may do the pally/shaman combo eventually but i do want a really powerful combo for my first set, but i would like them to be two differant classes. So i'm thinking Spriest and Lock? how would they do? can you recommend any other combo's?

thanks,
    Enxt

Spriest and Locks work rather well together, especially in higher levels, so that's not a bad direction to take. Another good combo I've found is Rogue/Druid though the melee classes take a bit of getting used to (I control the Rogue). Shaman/Hunter is nice too. Basically go with classes that can support eachother via buffs and what not, atleast that's what I do. Priest/Warrior, Druid/Warrior, Hunter/Shaman, Druid/Rogue, Pally/Anything (lol), etc. Hope that helps a little.