Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Best Multi Boxing (5 man setup) for running pve??

Just curious as what you guys thinkg is the best setup for running pve content, like end game raids and heroics. I was thinkig of a Protection Paladin and maybe 3 elemental shamans and one restoration or holy priest. Any other suggestions or the best team and why?

I guess you could substitute a druid in there for a mage for the 5% spell crit buff and druid buffs, I know its hard to play more then 2 classes at once but I was thinking of just using my druid for buffs and as boomkin so the rotation would be very similiar to that of a elemental shaman, using wrath instead of lightning bolts and heals together also. Would love to hear everyone's suggestions.
    Keyclone-Best multi-boxing program period!!
    latest release: http://solidice.com/keyclone ( v1.8e 26feb2008 )
    download: Download Keyclone
    Hotkeynet -awesome free multi-boxing tool.

im considering levelling a new group up, but i think there would be alot of problems with elemental shamans and agro, i was considering 3 affliction locks a priest and a prot pall but not sure yet.
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [ 5 Shamans, 1 Druid & 1 Warrior - Mix & Match ]
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'opt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=53013#post53013
    im considering levelling a new group up, but i think there would be alot of problems with elemental shamans and agro, i was considering 3 affliction locks a priest and a prot pall but not sure yet.
    Well I have 5 70 shamans that are all elemental. and I run allot wit a protection paladin and It is quite impossible to pull agro even with chain lightning.

ohh really? thats heaps good, do you have to wait for agro to be obtained or can you go all out straight after the first concecrate?
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [ 5 Shamans, 1 Druid & 1 Warrior - Mix & Match ]
    [/align]

Why not just lvl 4 and have a 5th for anyclass?
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

Quote Originally Posted by 'opt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=53017#post53017
    ohh really? thats heaps good, do you have to wait for agro to be obtained or can you go all out straight after the first concecrate?
    What I do is just wait for him to throw his avengers shield or whatever it is he does that hits 3 targets then I chain lightning. By the time he throws down his aoe he has aggro by quite a bit. Works great and with 4 elementals, all the spell damage and +hit and +crit really helps his aggro since its all spell based aggro. Great combo. I am gonna level my paladin to go with my other shamans but Id thought I would go ahead and level 5 at once since its just as easy to me to do that.

I run War/Sha/Hunterx3 which works well so far, don't anticipate any problems in the future.

Just cleared Cath at 34.

If you just want to do instance, why not just think of the perfect 5 man group, and go with it. Say you were a prot pally, what 4 classes would you want with you?

Quote Originally Posted by 'sensenmann',index.php?page=Thread&postID=53123#po st53123
    If you just want to do instance, why not just think of the perfect 5 man group, and go with it. Say you were a prot pally, what 4 classes would you want with you?
    For Multi boxing you want your DPS to be the same. thats why one war+healer=3 DPS ( mages.. hunters.. locks ) are all good. With mages you have 3 sheeps which make it much safer, and sweet AE. Hunters give you 3 traps and insane dps and pets to OT..ect.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=53112#pos t53112
    3 Setups have been "proven" to work in PvE content up to Heroics and Kara.

5 Shaman (massive dps without being squishy)
    1 Pally / 4 Shaman (massive dps /w tank)
    1 Warrior, 1 Priest, 3 Mages (lots of CC)

There are other groups that I'm sure will work, but these are "tried and true" right now.
    LOL that's kinda funny cuz that was the 3 exact set-ups that I was planning on trying when I started multiboxing w/o ever really researching what everyone else was doing. Lately I've been wondering how well a prot pally, 3x locks, 1 holy/sanct aura pally would do. Spam the crap outta SoCorrupt, locks could heal themselves with Drain life, and sanct aura is an immense boost to prot pally aggro w/o sacrificing any needed healing abilites on the holy pally. Prot pallly should never lose aggro which would mean the holy pally could more or less just heal the prot paladin.