Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Multiboxing with KVM switches/wireless keyboards

Ok umm.. i understand these sort of died around 2009/2010 but ive been searching on how it is done

Apparently I need 2 wireless keyboards and a KVM switch? Then maybe Input Director and Mousegetpos, MouseMove,Mousecllick or AHK? Then whats next?

I want mine to look like this https://www.dual-boxing.com/attachme...6&d=1562756132

How did it work for you oldschool peeps?(im from the isboxer ERA lol so i never had to mess with the complicated stuff like the Xiz mages did, etc)

Now there is also a catch. I dont want to do it with WoW but with Diablo II(which DOESNT have follow commands or assist commands or macros of any sorts)

just literally point and click. I have sandboxie as well and here is what it looks like when I load 2x Diablo II(technically they stack right ontop of each other but i moved one window on purpose to show)

https://i.imgur.com/nZg30uI.jpg

Now would it be possible to I thought... "emulate" mouse and keyboard clicks in both of those windows?

Just reading this guide makes me shudder tho https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...ng-By-Bradster
    Last edited by isboxerscrub : 07-30-2019 at 11:44 PM

Well, for Diablo 2 it should be pretty easy stuff. You're not worried about complex macros, just broadcasting clicks and a few keys. Are you doing it on multiple PCs? How many game windows? If not, AHK should be able to handle everything without needing any KVM stuff.

The problem I always had with that setup was that the wireless mouse would get out of sync with each other, requiring me to "zero" the mouse frequently (by moving it into the corner of the screen).

Requirements:

* All monitors same resolution.
    * All game clients same resolution.
    * Non-bluetooth kb/mouse. (so you can pair the same mouse with multiple receivers).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Well, for Diablo 2 it should be pretty easy stuff. You're not worried about complex macros, just broadcasting clicks and a few keys. Are you doing it on multiple PCs? How many game windows? If not, AHK should be able to handle everything without needing any KVM stuff.

The problem I always had with that setup was that the wireless mouse would get out of sync with each other, requiring me to "zero" the mouse frequently (by moving it into the corner of the screen).

Requirements:

* All game clients same resolution.
    * Non-bluetooth kb/mouse. (so you can pair the same mouse with multiple receivers).
    Thanks for the swift reply

Ok well this is why i came here in the first place

First of all I only want to dualbox 2 characters ...maybe at most 3 in the future.
    Second, I have multiple PCs and Sandboxie as well..but thats why I am here...i dont know which one is easier to set up

* All game clients same resolution

I got these 2 squared away ...now for this one..what must I do?( i know it sounds like a retarded question but ive never done hardware boxing)
    *Non-bluetooth kb/mouse. (so you can pair the same mouse with multiple receivers)

Where would I get a cheap reciever? I already have multiple non bluetooth kbs/mice
    Last edited by isboxerscrub : 07-31-2019 at 02:24 AM

Well, when I did it, I was using 25MHz devices. I bought 5 each of the mice and keyboards so they were identical. That way, I could "pair" one mouse to multiple receivers so the one mouse was always broadcasting to every PC. The normal KVM stuff I did with my USB mouse.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+...e_browse-bin_3

You're looking for "RF Wireless" mice, not bluetooth or etc. That $10 Amazon Basics one might work, I just dunno. I cannot remember which one I bought, and that was ~13 years ago. With Amazon, at least you can return them if you can't make it pair right.

If you can get them and connect the one mouse to multiple receivers, then you should see the mouse cursor move on both at the same time. If you get that far, then an easy way to practice the mouse movement is to draw things in e.g. Paint.net and see how hard it is to keep the cursor sync'd up. If you can draw two pictures that look pretty similar, you should be plenty accurate enough to click around in D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Well, when I did it, I was using 25MHz devices. I bought 5 each of the mice and keyboards so they were identical. That way, I could "pair" one mouse to multiple receivers so the one mouse was always broadcasting to every PC. The normal KVM stuff I did with my USB mouse.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+...e_browse-bin_3

You're looking for "RF Wireless" mice, not bluetooth or etc. That $10 Amazon Basics one might work, I just dunno. I cannot remember which one I bought, and that was ~13 years ago. With Amazon, at least you can return them if you can't make it pair right.

If you can get them and connect the one mouse to multiple receivers, then you should see the mouse cursor move on both at the same time. If you get that far, then an easy way to practice the mouse movement is to draw things in e.g. Paint.net and see how hard it is to keep the cursor sync'd up. If you can draw two pictures that look pretty similar, you should be plenty accurate enough to click around in D2.
    Ok another retard question

What ar 25Mhz devices?

What do i actually need? Im about to purchase 2x identical mice an keyboards(do they need to be wireless or wired is better?)

what recievers do i need?

I'll just toss this out there, but if you still have an active subscription to Inner Space, then, if you can get D2 to work using dgVoodoo, you might be able to just use ISBoxer, after all.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thank you for all the replies

So i got 2 $20 keyboards but now I ran into a problem. I can create a quite identical "paint" picture but for whatever reason when it comes to diablo 2 the mice begin to stutter and go out of synch so I was thinking maybe to just run both copies on one PC with Sandboxie or a Virtual machine?

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I'll just toss this out there, but if you still have an active subscription to Inner Space, then, if you can get D2 to work using dgVoodoo, you might be able to just use ISBoxer, after all.
    I still have an active sub to inner space .. I downloaded dgVodoo but now im unsure what to do. I hate looking like a tard getting spoonfed but im just not sure what to do haha
    Last edited by isboxerscrub : 08-09-2019 at 10:24 AM

Things that I can think of that might cause issues like that:

* Background window doesn't think it is still foreground (option in the slot config)
    * FPS too high, too low, or VSync isn't behaving
    * System resources are struggling to keep up
    * Rendering library/driver issues
    * Chrome is being a memory/cpu hog (again)

Though, with wireless mice, the biggest issue I had was positioning of the receivers. If they're not right next to each other, I would get wierd "spikes" of movement that didn't match. Hard to describe but probably similar to what you're seeing.

If you have ISBoxer, I'd highly recommend trying to use that instead. I think it took me about 3 days after switching from hardware to ISBoxer in WoW to be done and uninterested in looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by isboxerscrub View Post
    I still have an active sub to inner space .. I downloaded dgVodoo but now im unsure what to do. I hate looking like a tard getting spoonfed but im just not sure what to do haha
    If the game launches outside of Inner Space with dgVoodoo, then try it with Inner Space to see if it launches there. If it works, then move on from there, but if it doesn't, then Lax may need to look at it to add support. However, it may just be that it doesn't work and you'll have to go back to trying your multicaster setup.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology