Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default 5.3 boxer heaven?

Have unshelfed a couple toons since the patch to try out arena. Reason being:

- no longer a minimum amount of CP needed to buy the weapons
    - pve gear is as good as pve gear, if not stronger (it's capped at 496)

I tried tripple ele: went 14-3. Lava burst is hitting like a truck again. The defensive cooldowns is pretty decent and the off healing about as good as you can get. In the games I won I killed something in the first 15s of the game, by popping everything. The games I lost was vs the same RMP who basically completely negated everything I did by outlasting me.

Tried double pally with an unholy dk. Spend 2 hours buying boosts from 2 rogues in 2s (simultaneously) to get enough points for a weapon and trinket on the pallies. Ended up in the same game and didn't say a word to the rogues, bopped them both in their opener, was hilarious. Anyways: double ret with a dk is sick. It's a complete blender with double ranged HoJ, strangulate, deathgrip and sick off healing. Frost might even better, but my dk was set up as unholy. Lost only against hunter/ret/boomkin.

And then, having never really attempted to box enhance, I figured to give tripple enhance a shot. Had enough offspec pve gear. Run in, pop everything and 2 players literally drop dead. Only did a few games, but man, it's insane. I can only imagine what it would be like with double enhance and a rogue, when you get aoe stealth and a sap.

It surprises me no one is really reporting about 5.3, as arena is more accessible than ever for boxers.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Default .....

You should stream so I can watch as I'd rather not resub to WoW again :-)

ya with follow gone it still kinda sucks as ITW does not work great with non melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    ya with follow gone it still kinda sucks as ITW does not work great with non melee class.
    /follow is working perfectly fine for me in arena (russian realms)
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

I'd really like to see you playing two different arena games at once, that sounds worth returning to twitch for!

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I'd really like to see you playing two different arena games at once, that sounds worth returning to twitch for!
    Let me clarify:

Trade: <rogue1withverygoodgear> wts arena cap boost, 100g per win
    Trade: <rogue2withverygoodgear> wts arena wins 150g a win

2minutes later ...

zengahisaltsindireneedofarenawins: hey man
    rogue1withverygoodgear: wazzup
    zengahisaltsindireneedofarenawins: free to cap me now? need 20 wins
    rogue1withverygoodgear: sure dude, you can just afk in the starting area, I have godly gear that I can 1shot ppl

5 minutes later ...

zengahisotheraltsindireneedofarenawinsaswell: hey man
    rogue2withverygoodgear: wazzup
    zengahisaltsindireneedofarenawins: free to cap me now? need 20 wins
    rogue2withverygoodgear: sure dude, you can just afk in the starting area, I have godly gear that I can 1shot ppl

as we all know, WoW players can have multiple accounts open at once. Joining the queue on 2 different toons ain't that hard. And afk'ing at the starting area ain't that hard either when the rogue does all the work. And if the luck of the draw makes it so that both teams meet eachother, I have zero influence on the outcome since it's up to the rogues to decide the outcome. Nothing really twitch worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    /follow is working perfectly fine for me in arena (russian realms)
    ya i mean to gear up the sham's.

Though i am shy from arenas cause i hate loosing and its inevitable to loose once in a while, i would prefer to jump in and just fight rather than pay for a boost myself. Thats just my preference ofcourse.

Blog Entries

In the WotLK and Cataclysm eras, I did a bit of arena.
    Battlegrounds were always more fun, but arena was quicker rewards.

I found, entering a season part-way through... to be a bit painful.
    But it was a lot easier taking my five-box, and gearing them in 2s (playing one myself) with someone who was very good/geared and selling wins.
    After a month or so of capping Conquest each week on all five toons, along with battlegrounds for Honor gearing, Arena 5s was doable as a 5-boxer.

Essentially, against single healer teams, the win rate was 50%.
    And against dual-healer teams, the win rate was 10%.
    For roughly a win out of every three matches, knowing how the match would go within 15-20 seconds (if I made a kill early, or failed to do so).
    Quick matches, for the most part.

Prior to the "boost", win rate was basically 2%.
    After a month of being "boosted" win rate was basically 30-40%.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I never had a problem capping my conquest with 20 accounts. I'll leave the detective work up to you. However, earning conquest with no effort made the whole game feel hollow. Oh look, another piece I have to buy enchants and gems for... and into the bag it goes.