Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default [HotkeyNet] Multiboxing healers & WindowRect regions

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I couldn't find any search results relating to this. Has anyone ever used multiple healers in a BG setup? How viable is it? Do your heal targets always get out of range of your /following slaves? I'm thinking of speccing my 3 druids all resto once they hit 50 just for fun.

This part is more on-topic, and I'm specifically asking about HotKeyNet. How exactly do you set up the multiple mouseover thing?

I've read it from here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showpost....90&postcount=7

<If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW1 36 57 274 631>

I understand how it's done specifying regions but how the heck do you find out the boundaries of that region in the first place (without counting pixels by hand!). I use different sizes for my WoW windows however. The window on my main monitor is 1280x720 and the two windows on my second monitor are both 910x512.
    Last edited by Akoko : 01-04-2010 at 12:24 AM
    Jenzali - Troll Druid (Level 85) - Emerald Dream
    Soon to be joined by 4 other Druid buddies!

1. Open HotkeyNet and load your WoWs.

2. Keep the HKN GUI on top and look for the "Last Key Press" window. Make sure Show is checked.

3. Click in the top-leftmost region of the MAIN window, where you want the mouseover to pass FROM. Look at the Last Key press window and find the "Position" numbers. Those are the first two numbers. {I use 1 WoW, fullscreen on a single monitor and 4 windowed on a second screen, so my Win position and Scrn position are the same, you might need to use one or the other if you run all your WoWs on one screen}.

4. Click in the bottom right-most region of the MAIN window, where you want the mouseover to pass FROM. Look at the Last Key press window and find the "Position" numbers. Those are the second two numbers.

The 60% 60% is added because my main WoW and my healer WoW are not the same size. My healer's interface is a 60% scale of my tank's interface {because I was enlarging my healer's interface to get things to match until I found out how to use the parameters to scale}. You'll have to play around with that until the mouse scales to your interface.

If you want to use multiple healers, register it in <SendLabel>. I use <SendLabel w2> if I use 1 healer and <SendLabel w2, w4> if I use 2, w2 being my shaman, w4 being where I run my druid.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

One small addition to Khatovar's excellent instructions.

HotkeyNet only shows you the mouse position if your script includes a hotkey that gets triggered by a mouse button.

It might be easier to use Mojo for this purpose. It always shows the mouse position and you don't have to click anything. It installs itself so very little effort is required to use it.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Hi,

i have a problem with the healing setup, im trying the HotKeyNet MouseOverRegion

ok first problem :

== i dont know which coordinate to use for the code==

to my understanding :
    -the first 2 set of coordinate (in red) is the Top-Left Most region
    -the second set of coordinate (in blue) is the
    Bottom-Right Most region

this is my screenshot :

some of the point i know what to look for :
    1. top-leftmost region, click the position, read and use the 2 coordinate on the HKN "Last key press" window, the problem is, which coordinate ?
    this is my result :
    scrn position : X = 320 y = 50
    win position : x = 0 y = 1

2. bottom right-most region, same problem, this is my result :
    scrn position : x = 544 y = 404
    win position : x = 227 y = 341

second problem
    ==Hot Key and Macro==

what im trying to do :
    - mouseover target on my Tank window (WoW1)
    - press F1 button
    - Healer (WoW2) cast healingspell to the target

this is my code
    Code:
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Oem3>

<If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW1 320 50 544 404>
            <SendLabel w2>
                <SaveMousePos>
                <Clickmouse Noclick Norestore>
                        <Key F3>
                <Restoremousepos>
            <SendLabel w2>
            <Key F3>
        <Else>
        <SendLabel w2>
            <Key F3>
    * im using the scrn position, for my coordinate

i cant seem to wrap my head around all the modifier ive seen on other people code, im trying to do the simplest healing possible with just 1 spell, and if possible without any modifier,
    and maybe work my way from there, to a more complicated healing + buff + decurse + etc.

Thank you for anyone willing to read and answer this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by hamncheese : 05-17-2012 at 11:29 PM Reason: picture too small

Quote Originally Posted by hamncheese View Post
    ok first problem :

== i dont know which coordinate to use for the code==

Code:
    to my understanding :
    -the first 2 set of coordinate (in red) is the Top-Left Most region
    -the second set of coordinate (in blue) is the Bottom-Right Most region
    The first set is the top left corner of the region. The second set of numbers is the the dimensions of the "box" that grows from that point. IE - at 36 57, create a region that is 274*631 pixels.

1. top-leftmost region, click the position, read and use the 2 coordinate on the HKN "Last key press" window, the problem is, which coordinate ?
    this is my result :
    scrn position : X = 320 y = 50
    win position : x = 0 y = 1
    Your code uses MouseIsOverWindowRect, I'd use the win position. Win position is the position of the cursor within the confine of that specific WoW window. Scrn pos is the position of the cursor within the confines of your entire monitor.

2.bottom right-most region, same problem, this is my result :
    scrn position : x = 544 y = 404
    win position : x = 227 y = 341
    Like I said, you aren't defining the bottom right boundary of the region. The second set of numbers is the width and height of the region.

second problem
    ==Hot Key and Macro==

what im trying to do :
    - mouseover target on my Tank window (WoW1)
    - press F1 button
    - Healer (WoW2) cast healingspell to the target

this is my code
    Code:
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Oem3>

<If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW1 320 50 544 404>
            <SendLabel w2>
                <SaveMousePos>
                <Clickmouse Noclick Norestore>
                        <Key F3>
                <Restoremousepos>
            <SendLabel w2>
            <Key F3>
        <Else>
        <SendLabel w2>
            <Key F3>
    * im using the scrn position, for my coordinate

I don't understand what you're trying to do. I don't see F1 anywhere in that code. Are you actually trying to target the tank with F1, then use Oem3 to send F3? And why do you have F3 sent twice when over the heal region?

If you're trying to use mouseover healing, it should all be in one action. Basically :

1. Create a macro on your healer that says /cast [@mouseover] Some Heal
    2. Put that macro on F1
    3. Define your healing region properly.
    4. Use the below code

Code:
    <Hotkey F1>
    <If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW1 *YOUR REGION DEFINITIONS HERE*>
    		<SendLabel w2>
    			<Clickmouse Noclick>
    				<Key F1>
    				<RestoreMousePos>
    4. Mouse over the region on your main WoW, press F1. It should automatically heal whichever toon you have your mouse over.

Keep in mind, to make use of mouseovers, you need your unit frames to match exactly across the master and slave account. This means you need unit frames that can include your toon in the party listing and order those toons in a set position. This is because WoW segregates the active toon from the party so that "player" is always on the top of the list. So by default, your tank's order in a party would be

TANK
    healer{Party1}
    {Party2}
    {Party3}
    {Party4}

But for your healer it would be

HEALER
    tank{Party1}
    {Party2}
    {Party3}
    {Party4}

Unit frames like Pitbull or Grid usually have a means of forcing the Player into the overall party order and then organizing the party alphabetically, so the list will be the same for every toon.

You can take a look at my walkthrough for the HotKeyNet Starter script here and browse through my current script here. I go over mouseovers and regions here, here, here and probably a bunch of other places.

Copying mod settings can be found here.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Thank you so much for answering so quickly
    my apologies, im not clear enough with the second part of my questions (been up all night trying to figure this out lol)

Your code uses MouseIsOverWindowRect, I'd use the win position. Win position is the position of the cursor within the confine of that specific WoW window. Scrn pos is the position of the cursor within the confines of your entire monitor.
    Ok, that means the starting coord for the Party Frame if its clamped to the Upper-Left most of the Window, would be x=0 y=0 ?

The first set is the top left corner of the region. The second set of numbers is the the dimensions of the "box" that grows from that point

so the end result inside a code is :

Code:
    <If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW1 0 0 227 341>

If you're trying to use mouseover healing, it should all be in one action. Basically :

1. Create a macro on your healer that says /cast [@mouseover] Some Heal
    2. Put that macro on F1
    3. Define your healing region properly.
    4. Use the below code

Code:

<Hotkey F1><If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW1 *YOUR REGION DEFINITIONS HERE*> <SendLabel w2> <Clickmouse Noclick> <Key F1> <RestoreMousePos>

4. Mouse over the region on your main WoW, press F1. It should automatically heal whichever toon you have your mouse over.
    U have read my mind ! thank you !
    the aboce code works like a charm
    with only 1 small problem
    this is the code im using :
    Code:
    <Hotkey F1>
    <If MouseIsOverWindowRect WoW1 0 0 227 341>
    		<SendLabel w2>
    				<Clickmouse Noclick>
    				<Key F1>
    				<RestoreMousePos>
    the problem :
    the reading of the mouse position seems lagging ?
    i dont know the best way to describe this problem im going to use 3 screenshot for the steps :

The first step was flawless, the Healer Heals the intented Party member (yay ! )

Now the second step when i move my mouse over to Party2

Now the Step 3, and im not moving my mouse at all, the Healer finally heals the Party2

From what i understand
    -if im not moving my mouse at all, perhaps the problem is not on the Party Frame coordinate
    -im using PitBull to Force all 5 Character into 1 Party Frame, and Sort them Alphabetically

so if im trying to heal another Party member, the mouse seems to be stuck on the last coordinate, until i press the F1 the second time, and it goes to the right coordinate

for additional info, this is my Screen looks like in cascading window, to make sure that all the party member are on the same position and sort alphabetically

And this Screen is my playing Setup, i Stacked all the window at the same position, i dont know if thats good or bad

Again Thank You So Much Khatovar, for answering my questions
    and my apologies for the lousy english (indonesian)

Quote Originally Posted by hamncheese View Post
    Ok, that means the starting coord for the Party Frame if its clamped to the Upper-Left most of the Window, would be x=0 y=0 ?
    Yes, if your party frame starts at the very top edge of the window, it should be 0 0. If you click that location, HotKeyNet should show it in the Last Key Press window.

i dont know the best way to describe this problem im going to use 3 screenshot for the steps :

The first step was flawless, the Healer Heals the intented Party member
    Now the second step when i move my mouse over to Party2
    Now the Step 3, and im not moving my mouse at all, the Healer finally heals the Party2
    Is your healer healing the same target twice? I can't really tell, but from your screenshots, it looks like your healer hasn't completed casting the heal between screenshot 1 and screenshot 2. The heal has to complete casting before it can be cast again on someone else.

If the heal is completed and it's still "sticking", you may need to adjust your ClickMouse settings. This is under Options > Settings on the HotKeyNet window. Under the box for ClickMouse, I have Substitute SendWinS for SendWinM checked, Relinquish Quantum Unchecked. I might have no idea WTF I'm talking about with those two settings, though, so if they don't do anything or make things worse, feel free to change those back to default.

The vital part is adjusting the delays. I currently use 3 3, but you should start with 15 15 or 25 25 or maybe even higher and try to see if you still get the issue. From there, you can increase or decrease both numbers until you hit the most responsive number. Basically, the first number is a tiny delay that allows HKN to see and register the cursor location before performing the action and then the second is another tiny delay to allow the action to take place before moving back to the original location. The numbers you need will require some testing since you need to determine what works best for your system.

http://hotkeynet.com/ref/clickmouse.html

And this Screen is my playing Setup, i Stacked all the window at the same position, i dont know if thats good or bad
    I personally use an unstacked layout and have never used a stacked one. I like being able to easily see what all my slaves are doing so I can manually move one if they get stuck or start running away or something like that. But if the stacked is working fine for you, by all means stick with it. If you start to run across problems with a stacked setup, I've got a little on setting up unstacked layouts about 2/3rds of the way down here and in this post.

Again Thank You So Much Khatovar, for answering my questions
    and my apologies for the lousy english (indonesian)
    Your English is good enough for me.

Is your healer healing the same target twice? I can't really tell, but from your screenshots, it looks like your healer hasn't completed casting the heal between screenshot 1 and screenshot 2. The heal has to complete casting before it can be cast again on someone else.
    The healing process has already completed
    then i hover another target
    press F1
    the Healer still throw heals to the previous target
    if i press F1 again (without moving my cursor)
    then the Healer would throw heals to the correct target

(im sorry i dont know how to explain better than this)

If the heal is completed and it's still "sticking", you may need to adjust your ClickMouse settings. This is under Options > Settings on the HotKeyNet window. Under the box for ClickMouse, I have Substitute SendWinS for SendWinM checked, Relinquish Quantum Unchecked. I might have no idea WTF I'm talking about with those two settings, though, so if they don't do anything or make things worse, feel free to change those back to default.

The vital part is adjusting the delays. I currently use 3 3, but you should start with 15 15 or 25 25 or maybe even higher and try to see if you still get the issue. From there, you can increase or decrease both numbers until you hit the most responsive number. Basically, the first number is a tiny delay that allows HKN to see and register the cursor location before performing the action and then the second is another tiny delay to allow the action to take place before moving back to the original location. The numbers you need will require some testing since you need to determine what works best for your system.
    So this is what i changed :
    Options > Settings
    Substitute SendWinS for SendWinM checked
    RelinquishQuantum Unchecked
    adjusting the delays 3 3

and its perfect !
    thank you sooooo much Khatovar, happiest moment for the last few days of frustration lol
    thank you thank you

Glad I could help. There's a small chance you will need to go back in and bump the delays up a tiny bit if you find the same healing lag during high-intensity fights, but once you have it set, you should be good to go.