Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Hybrid View

While it may have nothing to do with it, there is an old known scam where someone steals your credit card info, it's stored into a db, and when they want to use it (can be a long time after it's stolen), they call you to verify if it's still active. They obviously pretend taking care of your privacy, and mention only the last numbers. Meanwhile you think you've been taken care off and don't take any action, and they go to party with you cc.

Just saying, as it sounds really weird that they would call you but don't mention the name of the company. I've had a (legit) call from BCC (company that takes care of all cc's in Belgium) where they tell me that might card might have been abused for gaming purposes. They explained me how to verify it and how to file a complaint. Reason was that I used the card at a couple of online gameshops, and they specifically mentioned which ones were suspicious. I was good in the end though, and it might be just a difference practice up in the US where they are not allowed to do this.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Just saying, as it sounds really weird that they would call you but don't mention the name of the company.

it might be just a difference practice up in the US where they are not allowed to do this.
    http://consumerist.com/2012/04/visa-...taliation.html

The banking industry keeps surprising me. The worst part is that they keep getting away with it. I'm by no means a violent person (unless you nick my beer or smokes), but the only real solution I see is line them all up and shoot them one by one. Or put 20k volt on their nuts.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    The banking industry keeps surprising me. The worst part is that they keep getting away with it. I'm by no means a violent person (unless you nick my beer or smokes), but the only real solution I see is line them all up and shoot them one by one. Or put 20k volt on their nuts.
    I couldn't agree more.