Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: headphones

Default headphones

looking to replace my current cheapo set with some decent ones. I like full earpieces (cans?) and need a microphone attached. Price can be up to $300 I guess. Any advice, as I do not have room for speakers, and like music when I play
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

I current use the Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 headphones. I really enjoy them, they are very comfortable and the sound is quiet good. It does have a microphone attached, that also rotates up to move it out of your face when you don't want it there. They are not too expensive apprx. ~$130 IIRC.

Here is a review from benchmarkreviews
    5 Boxer, < and my imaginary friends > Magtheridon US

Echo on the G930. They are really nice. Only complaint is when it's a bit warmer, your ears can sweat a bit in them...

Astro Gaming A40 Audio System

Comes in a wireless option as well for a few extra dollars.

I have both the wired and wireless Logitech headphones. They do sound good and the mic is great. One of the things with headphones though is that there are 2 basic designs, open and closed. Closed earphones like the Logitech headphones block out most outside sounds. Open earphones allow you to hear things around you like the phone ringing for example.

For me, I much prefer open headphones. I highly recommend the Sennheiser PC360 headset. They have an open design. The ear cushions are much more comfortable than the Logitech's.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Thanks for the input. I had not considered wireless but it makes sense as I have too many wires now and the headphones never reach when I turn my chair.
    I will look at the different models and reply back

Blog Entries

I've got the Logitech 'Clear Chat PC Wireless' headset.

The charge holds for around six hours.
    And if I'm doing AV's on AV weekend, I can play with the cord in which charges as it is used.

The ear piece blocks out other sounds...
    So cannot hear the TV in the next room (with both doors open), nor the phone ring.

The ears tend to get a little sore from the headset after 8 or 9 hours of AV.
    But not sure if anything would be comfy after that long.

Mine were around $100.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

You should buy some darth beyers.
    http://www.headphile.com/page8.html

(Nah, just kidding.)
    Hardware Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    The ears tend to get a little sore from the headset after 8 or 9 hours of AV.
    But not sure if anything would be comfy after that long.
    "Audiophile" quality headphones are generally much, much more comfortable than other types of headsets. I have worn my Sennheiser's all day and had no discomfort at all. I cannot say the same for most other headphones I have owned. My brother has a set of AKG headphones that are also extremely comforatble. The weight of the heaphones plus the ear cushion material have a huge impact on wearability. The Logitech G series headphones have a leather like ear cup that will seal to your skin. This can cause sweating and irritation during long sessions. Headphones with felt or velour types of materials typically let your skin breath and are more comfortable as a result.

It may sound like an exaggeration, but I have actually forgotten that I was wearing my headphones because they are so comfortable.

looking at the Sennheiser PC360 headset but cannot find a wireless option. I have only looked on Amazon so that could be the problem. I feel that wireless will be the choice I make so the Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 headphones have the lead so far. Thanks for any other help before I buy.