Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 31

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Still no luck. I have tried several alternatives to the sample dps key above and non will make my alt attack. I guess I will continue to use Mosg setup.
    Strange. So it's Assisting correctly and your attack is not firing off? or the other way around?

I have found, that if you are sending commands with one keymap..(multiple actions/steps), and one command in that keymap has a modifier, than all the commands need to have the same modifier (within that keymap). I had this problem yesterday and found a post about the modifiers, either in one of the threads here or on isboxer.com. I don't remember which, but it did solve my problem. Also, don't forget the default ingame Alt+F (set focus target) and the ctrl+F for getting the focus' target. Alt+F is changeable, but the ctrl+F is built into the game. This one was here on these forums.

Now really help out us noobs. All you dps kings/queens, tell us your rotations for the various classes. (And if you can, how do you stop the flytext about "not in range" or "not ready", etc.)

Yes, this is a thing with SWTOR and LOTRO and probably some other games, EQ2 maybe.

If the Key Combination being sent to this game includes a modifier -- Alt, Ctrl, or Shift -- then in order for the game to correctly process that modifier, the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while the Hotkey is held" option must be set to ON. Otherwise, the modifier may not still be held when the game decides it's time to check the state, and it will only interpret F1 in a Ctrl+F1.

Keystroke Actions in the same Step of a Mapped Key must be combined in order to all be Held. So if you've got Ctrl+F1 and Alt+F1 in the same step, going to the same Target (window..), the game is going to get Ctrl+F1+Alt+F1, all held down at once, before any of those buttons are released when you let go of the Hotkey. It's going to end up Ctrl+F1 and Ctrl+Alt+F1, or depending on the design of the game (I can imagine this going either way for different games) it may only interpret Ctrl+F1, or it may only interpret Ctrl+Alt+F1.

Also, if these keys need to go to the current window, any modifier keys that you are currently holding at the time may be interpreted by the game. (Because of the Hold flag on the Mapped Key)

I've never really liked this issue with certain games, maybe I can fiddle with something.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I found that if i did this: It worked. Why it works, that's your realm. You do great work LAX. Ctrl+F is the "acquire focus' target" and SPACE is just a filler. Not bound to any keybinding. Just the one that SWTOR does to skip screens.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.MappedKey</ObjectType>
      <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Attack&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description /&gt;
      &lt;Combo&gt;
        &lt;Combo&gt;G13-G11&lt;/Combo&gt;
        &lt;Modifiers&gt;None&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
        &lt;Key&gt;
          &lt;Key&gt;G13-G11&lt;/Key&gt;
          &lt;Code&gt;0&lt;/Code&gt;
        &lt;/Key&gt;
      &lt;/Combo&gt;
      &lt;SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;false&lt;/SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;
      &lt;ManualLoad&gt;false&lt;/ManualLoad&gt;
      &lt;ResetTimer&gt;0&lt;/ResetTimer&gt;
      &lt;ResetType&gt;Never&lt;/ResetType&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;Default&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Stick&gt;0&lt;/Stick&gt;
          &lt;Stop&gt;false&lt;/Stop&gt;
          &lt;Stump&gt;false&lt;/Stump&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="Keystroke"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;2&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;Ctrl+F&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Modifiers&gt;Ctrl&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;F&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;33&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
              &lt;RoundRobin&gt;false&lt;/RoundRobin&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;2&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;Space&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Modifiers&gt;None&lt;/Modifiers&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;Space&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;57&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;Ctrl+1&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;1&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;2&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;Ctrl+3&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;3&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;4&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;</SerializedObject>
    </Box>
    Please use [code] tags to post code.
    -MiRai
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-05-2012 at 11:35 PM Reason: Added Code Tags

Lightbulb

The problem with targeting is that Slot1 != PartySlot and Partyslot depends on the Character name, because the game "sorts" the PartySlots according to the charactername (in a weird way). Also it changes if you drop one partymember.
    I came up with a double matrix of changing variables and a fried brain when I tried to visualize it.
    So I took the brute force approach.

I came up with (some help from this forum) :

* 4 Variable keystokes (Target Slot1..4) and 20 possibilities to assign keys to them.
    * selection is done by ingame clickbars -> Picture (also 20 ) and 20 keymaps which assign the keys to the variable keystroke keys.

-> result (after a whole saturday working on this) ===> very satisfying and COMPLETELY variable and SIMPLE to use if you have 2,3,4 man groups

example:

I have a view of all 4 accounts on my second screen.

slot1 | slot3
    --------------
    slot2 | slot4

Then I do a F1 on all my accounts the Operation frames of the account look like this:
    Slot1=party1, Slot 2 = party2, slot3 is party3 and slot 4 is party4 from a slot -> party view it is 1234.

or it could be like this:

Slot1=party1, slot2=party3, slot3=party4, slot4=party2 => 1342

The Clickmap looks like:

Clicking of one of the Pictures executes the keymap which sets the 4 variable keypress for all slots:

the variables I use in Account0...4 for targeting.

With this setup it is with an easy click on a picture possible to change the leader when the group composition changes.
    (or everytime I export from ISBOXER toolkit)

I added the Party1 Virtual Key, so you can sent "target Party1" to any account you want. (I use that for my clickbar healing, instead of mouseklick targeting)
    more info : http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...l=1#post355980

hope it helps some people.

Cheers
    BloodCloud
    Last edited by Bloodcloud : 02-16-2012 at 09:37 AM Reason: added party targeting
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcloud View Post
    The problem with targeting is that Slot1 != PartySlot and Partyslot depends on the Character name, because the game "sorts" the PartySlots according to the charactername (in a weird way).
    example:
    From my under standing SWTOR does not sort by name. It's sorted by an UUID "Universally Unique IDentifier" that is generated when you create your character. If you create Z first and A last Z will be in the first group Slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmod View Post
    It's sorted by an UUID "Universally Unique IDentifier" that is generated when you create your character.
    That makes total sense now. I always felt like my characters were sorted in the order they were created, but never knew why or how. Now I know

Hi

I am really new at multiboxing and isboxer. I spent about 5 hours yesterday trying to follow various guides but I keep coming up stuck. Is the code Gorthu posted a complete setup? If not I would really appreciate it if someone could post one in a download file? (not sure if that's even possible) Sorry if its not, I am just really confused with it all.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Any chance you could do the, "For Dummies" version of your clickmap setup, similar to your first guide?

found my problem...working now. Thank you for all the hard work.

I have been able to get the follow key working in the quick setup variable setup but have been unable to get the assist working. I am essentially following same format but are using the pre-fab variable keystrokes and non-combat. For the Follow: I have set up the variable keystroke to be "Insert". On the non-combat Follow Me i have also made the hotkey "Insert". Actions: <Target Slot {SLOT}> ->all other, <Follow Target> -> all other...but when trying same with Assist Me except keystroke and hotkey Alt_T...it does not work. Have set up Target Me...as separate keystroke as well as for Acquire Targets Target..does not work...ALT T does not work for any window. Sure it is something simple but not getting my head around it. I do like the variable keystrokes and see alot of potential but confused.

Another Question: The follow and break follow work great. I have them on separate keybinds (using left turn to break)...is there a way to toggle them and use same keybind?
    Last edited by talonness : 02-12-2012 at 10:28 PM