Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Multiple monitors, diff resolutions - best solution?

Just added a 23" widescreen (1920x1080) to be my new main window.

Bumped the old 19" (1280x1024) to be the slaves window, show in four tiles. (screen in fourths)

Problem: the new main monitor is widescreen, so the slaves windows on the old monitor look totally squished and wierd - is there a setting in ISBoxer to fix this?
    Is this to hard on the graphics card (i have a pretty new Radeon 5770) to swap aspect ratios back and forth?
    Or will this slow down PiP swapping with an annoying pause while the graphics card processes the switch in aspect ratios?

Any help on the best way to handle this would really be appreciated, thanks!

Computer specs, if it makes a diff in how I can handle this issue:
    Q6600
    8GB RAM DDR3
    Radoen 5770
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, But I would switch them.

at least that's what I did, and it worked well for me.

For example, play the main on the 19" and put the 4 others on the 23" , since the 23" has more screen space.

as far as PiP and settings like that, I am not sure, I'm not at my machine with ISboxer. But the video card is more than enough I would imagine.

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Blog Entries

If each Warcraft is rendered at the same resolution, your instant-swaps and mouse-repeater will work fine.

But with two different resolutions, you can either set both monitors to the highest resolution the smaller monitor can be set to, or live with warcraft either stretched a little on one monitor or not covering all of the available real-estate.

Or alternatively, go with different resolutions and not have perfect mouse broadcasting.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

It's not the aspect ratios that would slow anything down, the difference in aspect ratios is what makes it look bad. The slow-down would be if it were swapping using different rendering resolutions instead of preserving them (which as you're observing keeps it fast but is making it look bad by fitting it to your window sizes with a different aspect ratio).

ISBoxer 38 (currently in beta) adds new Window Layout styles to the wizard that will maintain the aspect ratio by making the windows smaller than 1/4 of your new screen, as well as various other options that are helpful for multi-monitor setups.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Thanks everyone for your help, I ended up scaling down the slave windows while keeping their aspect ratio (thanks Lax!) so the four windows together use about 2/3 of the smaller screen, and the main window is on the larger screen in all it's widescreen gloriousness

This allows me to keep accurate mouse broadcasting, which I use a lot for quest dialogs and dungeon finder so it was important to me.