Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Repeater on only 4 characters

I run a 1 druid 4 shaman group and I wanted to know if there was a way that I could set up ISboxer to where when I activate mouse broadcasting, it only broadcasts on my shaman and not my druid. I thought this would be useful because whenever I learn a new spell or need to change keybindings, I simply use repeater to copy my mouse movements on my shaman so I can rearrange all of my hotkeys on all four shaman at the same time. But, it will also broadcast the same movements and clicks on my druid which has a completely different spellbook, so sometimes spells on my druid will consequently get messed up because of this.

Yes it is possible to do this with a Repeater Target Action as part of a Mapped Key.

First, create an Action Target Group (ATG for short) for just your Shamans if you have not yet done so. This will be used as the new Repeater Target when you make your Action (by default it targets "Window:All w/o Current" aka "all other"). To do this, right click on Action Target Groups in the top pane and select New Action Target Group. Name it "shamans" or something else that's concise and obvious. Drag each of your shamans from the top pane, into the ATG in the bottom left pane.

Now for the Mapped Key. If you're using the Key Maps from the Quick Setup Wizard, lets do it this way.
    1. go into the Control key map in the top pane.
    2. in the bottom left pane, right click on "Activate Repeat" and select Make Copy.
    3. Rename the copy to something like "Activate Repeat - Shamans" (doesn't really matter).
    4. Change the Hotkey to something else so as to not interfere with the original.
    5. Expand the new Mapped Key by clicking the + next to it, then click on 1 under Steps.
    6. In the bottom right pane, right click on "Actions" and under Repeater Actions, select New Repeater Target Action
    7. for "Target" select "Window:Current"
    8. for "New Repeater Target" select "Group (others in):Shamans"
    9. Click on 2 under Steps in the left pane
    right click on "Actions" and under Repeater Actions, select New Repeater Target Action
    10. for "Target" select "Window:Current"
    11. for "New Repeater Target" select "Window:All w/o Current"

Now, when using this toggle key, when you turn repeat on it will only go to your shamans, and when you turn repeat off it will reset the Repeater Target back to the default.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Yes it is possible to do this with a Repeater Target Action as part of a Mapped Key.

First, create an Action Target Group (ATG for short) for just your Shamans if you have not yet done so. This will be used as the new Repeater Target when you make your Action (by default it targets "Window:All w/o Current" aka "all other"). To do this, right click on Action Target Groups in the top pane and select New Action Target Group. Name it "shamans" or something else that's concise and obvious. Drag each of your shamans from the top pane, into the ATG in the bottom left pane.

Now for the Mapped Key. If you're using the Key Maps from the Quick Setup Wizard, lets do it this way.
    2. in the bottom left pane, right click on "Activate Repeat" and select Make Copy.
    3. Rename the copy to something like "Activate Repeat - Shamans" (doesn't really matter).
    4. Change the Hotkey to something else so as to not interfere with the original.
    5. Expand the new Mapped Key by clicking the + next to it, then click on 1 under Steps.
    6. In the bottom right pane, right click on "Actions" and under Repeater Actions, select New Repeater Target Action
    right click on "Actions" and under Repeater Actions, select New Repeater Target Action

Now, when using this toggle key, when you turn repeat on it will only go to your shamans, and when you turn repeat off it will reset the Repeater Target back to the default.

If I select all wo current, wont that still not work if I am currently using one of the shaman slaves as my main window? Since the druid would then be part of the group "w/o current"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokins View Post
    If I select all wo current, wont that still not work if I am currently using one of the shaman slaves as my main window? Since the druid would then be part of the group "w/o current"?
    You don't include the current window because it's going to pass through to the current window anyway, unless you check the "Block buttons from originating window" box.

As I said twice, the default is "Window:All w/o Current".

So no, just do it exactly as I explained.

If you want it to work from the druid window, then check the block buttons box, and make it "all shamans" instead of "other shamans". It's easier to do it from one of the shamans though.
    Last edited by Lax : 07-09-2010 at 10:24 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post

This worked, thanks. Now if I wanted to do this on multiple teams, I could just make a copy of the whole Control key map pane and rename it something else and use that control keymap for the new team, right?

bump
    Last edited by Rokins : 07-16-2010 at 01:35 PM

Yes you could make a copy of the whole Control key map if you want. I wouldn't do that personally.

If you want something similar on other teams you could always change the ATG being used to be more generic, and add more characters to it. Like... use an ATG called "alternate repeater" or something.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

This worked for me however, it also broke the repeater for my entire character set (the default repeater). I managed to get both working by adding a 'Repeater Target Action' Target: Window:Current, Repeater Target: All w/o Current in Steps 1 and 2 of 'Activate Repeater' keymap.