Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Folding at Home

Default Folding at Home

So since most of you multibox alot of chars your computers are definitely fast enough to fold. And those of you with 5x computers would be prime candidates for folding whenever you're not playing WoW and could pump out some major work units.

Just thought I'd spread the word, you can read more at http://folding.stanford.edu

I personally fold for team 33 (hardocp.com), but you can choose whatever team you like. If you have more questions just ask, there's literally tons of different ways to fold.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

It's not just to see how big of a team you can get and how much computing power; this process helps research diseases and cancers etc. It's a great cause.

I ham confused, what is this Flood yoru talking about? at first i thougt it was liek a whater thing but now im just WTF? XD
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

Wow, this really IS a great community here. I would never have expected to see work-related stuff on a multi-boxing forum. As the OP stated, being able to predict protein structures is the key to designing novel drugs. Unfortunately, it is extremely complex so if you can spare some GHz-hrs, give it a shot. See
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levinthal_paradox
    if you're interested.
    Cheers!
    Shamans:
    Thallium, Caesium, Mangan, Vanadium, Gallium
    70____75____80
    Rajaxx EU-de, Horde.

I've been folding for a few months, always good to share my gear for a good cause. I basically set Boinc to run on startup on all my machines, but I close it whenever I notice any video lag or anything. That way I can "accidentally" be contributing. I'd never be dedicated about it if I had to start it up manually on a regular basis, and since I have it running quite a bit without my knowledge, I never feel guilty about shutting it down. As you can see, I prefer Rosetta, because the work units are reasonable and I believe in the cause.

My electricity bill went up about $15-$20/mo when I do some in depth folding. I figure if I can handle 5 wow payments, what's another $20 on the ol' electricity bill?
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance