Close
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 79

Default New cloner

So,

I just started to research keycloning, and I have the hardware specs for it. I have two computers, one of which that can handle 4 accounts at the same time. I heard Autohotkey was a good start. I have it now, but every time i run the scripts(given to me in various guides) I get an error return. Looking for advice from those who have started this successfully. Let me know, as I think 5X wow might actually challenge me.

Thanks,

Xaga
    Team A (pve) Herek(warr)-Xaga(Fire Mage)-Jur(elem sham)-Rathe(holy priest)-Evanara(holy pally)

Team B (pvp) Zaga(fire mage)-Ezoloth(afflock)-Kayliin(afflock)-Innovia(discpriest)-Lisban(Crogue)

Team C (up and coming - arena) Jurel, Juril, Jurin, Juray (elem sham)

Default New cloner

So,

I just started to research keycloning, and I have the hardware specs for it. I have two computers, one of which that can handle 4 accounts at the same time. I heard Autohotkey was a good start. I have it now, but every time i run the scripts(given to me in various guides) I get an error return. Looking for advice from those who have started this successfully. Let me know, as I think 5X wow might actually challenge me.

Thanks,

Xaga
    Team A (pve) Herek(warr)-Xaga(Fire Mage)-Jur(elem sham)-Rathe(holy priest)-Evanara(holy pally)

Team B (pvp) Zaga(fire mage)-Ezoloth(afflock)-Kayliin(afflock)-Innovia(discpriest)-Lisban(Crogue)

Team C (up and coming - arena) Jurel, Juril, Jurin, Juray (elem sham)

Default Hi, need help ^^

What program do i open the, Beginners_guide_2_dual-boxing , with? :P

Default RE: Hi, need help ^^

[quote='Kuppz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=40409#p ost40409]What program do i open the, Beginners_guide_2_dual-boxing , with? :P[/quote]

.pdf files are opened with Acrobat Reader.

[url='http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html']Acrobat Reader Download Page[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by 'hxc',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29029#post29029
    Secondly, it might be an idea to add a bit in the keyclone setup section about "run aways" i.e. if people add wasd (or whatever they use for movement) to their no-pass list pressing a modifier key (shift/ctrl/alt), then a movement key, then releasing the modifier key before the movement key can cause your followers to get that movement key"stuck" down, making them run in that direction till the key is pressed again on each char. So i would say to add the following to the no-pass list aswell :

left/right alt+w/a/s/d
    left/right ctrl+w/a/s/d
    left/right shift+w/a/s/d
    Thanks Hxc i have been wondering about this for ever since i started. I thought it was a memory problem or something. Is there any other way around it? Does this mean i cant use modifiers for buttons on slaves?

[quote='roknroll',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2876 3#post28763]Being new to multi-boxing, I think I can give you some constructive input. The guide was good, but the one thing I think it is lacking is good explanations of what is being done.

For example, you say to download and install keyclone. It'd be nice to have a paragraph explaining what keyclone does and why you need it.
    Also, there's lots of screenshots and good explanation on how to install and setup WoWAce, but no explanation about what it is and why to install it.

So, my only recommendation is to not only tell us what to do, but why to do it (what that action will add)[/quote]

Having multi-boxxed for years on Everquest and at least one year on World of Warcraft, this guide, although good, has some things that need to be corrected. This is meant to be a constructive critism of the guide. Here are the points that I believe need to be corrected:

1. In your introduction, you may want to mention that the guide as written, discusses the game of World of Warcraft. The guide goes almost straight into talking about shamans and Horde without mentioning they are being referred to in World of Warcraft.

2. In section 1.1 where it says "Why do I need Keyclone?" - instead of answering with "[font='Calibri']You must have keyclone installed to be able to controll all of your characters when multiboxing.", the proper wording would be: "Keyclone allows easier control of all of your characters when multiboxing". In other words, a multiboxxer doesn't have to have Keyclone or any software or hardware to send keystrokes to other computers or instances of the game. In my years of Everquest and the first year of World of Warcraft, I didn't use any keyboard sending programs to the other copies of the game. Yet, I still multiboxxed. Keyclone makes the process of multiboxxing a LOT easier, but it is not a must have program to do it.[/font]

3. In section 1.2 for multiple copies of World of Warcraft folders, you may want to add these lines to start just before "First we need to choose where we want the different copies of World of Warcraft." that says "We need different copies of World of Warcraft installed on our machine to run multiple instances on the same computer so that the config.wtf in the wtf folder can be different. Also because we want to waste about 9gb of space on our machine per copy". Seriously, the only reason you have different copies of World of Warcraft is because of that config.wtf file. So wouldn't it be better instead of creating separate copies of the entire 9gb of space to create a little .cmd file that copies in the appropriate config.wtf file when WoW is started? All of the character differences in settings for macros, etc are stored under the characters name under the WTF directory and under the realm directory name. Those are different anyway. So the only reason you'd want to have a different config.wtf if is you have something like graphics settings different per login account. On Windows Vista, the config.wtf file isn't stored in your installation's directory, instead it's stored under C:\users\(windows login name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF. So by making a complete other copy of the game on Windows Vista, it's a complete waste of space because that config.wtf is stored in the same directory anyway!

4. In section 1.4, the guide explains what the WoWace updater is used for, but it doesn't explain why WoWace is needed to begin with. I don't use WoWace. The only two addons that I use aren't by them. They are CT_MapMod and ClassIcons. I've found that those are the only two addons that I need and they are very light on memory usage. I've tried WoWace before, but they use entirely WAY too much memory for what they do and in my opinion are not needed.

That's about it from my reading of the guide. The section on Keyclone is very helpful and now that I'm using Keyclone, I find that your guide explains a lot about how Keyclone works that I couldn't find any where else. Keep up the good work!

Temor, you actually answered a few questions I was going to ask that came directly from that guide. The Multiple Directories was one of them. One question I still have, and that's only because i haven't done the research yet. Is "Most common UI and Macros for Multi-boxing" And like I said, I just need to do the research on that one myself. For the most part, I don't _think_ I need a lot of Macros or UI mods to make multi-Boxing happening. But a very very small number of them would help make it easier. And that's part of what I want to find out myself what those are.

Default issueeeee

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=29601#post2 9601]"hi [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=User&userID=2687
    Sneakykiller[/url] and welcome to the forums!

you must be running vista. as such, you must run the installation binary (and keyclone afterwards) as administrator.

let me now how it goes. g'luck"

im having the same issue and i dont know what u mean by installation binary. please explain.

The Keyclone installation file.

Once its downloaded, if you are running Vista, right click it and click "Run as adminstrator". You must then do this with keyclone as well.
    Wilbur

Default HOW DO UR FIRST 5 GET STARTED

hey i have question? I just join this thing were u can clone ur guy. I herd a guy tell me that in an AV. How do you get ur guy clone.