Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default some questions and macro help needed

just got innerspace and so far I like it

But I have a few questions and need help with a keymapped macro

1- Since I am using ISboxer,do I need to use macro's in wow or any other macro addon to use spells when I push the binded key?
    2- If i map a key, i will have to turn "off" keymaps to be able to type with it. is that correct?
    3- I play many characters on each account I have(2), should I just make a keymap for each character seperatly? Or is there an easier way to mix and match keymaps?

now on to the macro questions..

what i want to do is, have my priest follow my low lvl toon around and heal them "outside" a party. I did this in keyclone by setting the hotkey to F1 and use bindpad addon on the priest and putt all my spells in therir for healing. I then made a macro in bind pad with
    Code:
    /tar charactername
    /focus [target=target]
    /cast [target=focus] Renew
    or something along those lines.. How would i go about putting this in the ISboxer macro thing? does not seem to work when I try this, unless my macro is wrong.. also is there an easier way to bind my healing spells in one key map using condionials? for example I want to bind flash heal to F5-F8 for party member 1-4, then I want to make it so when I push and hold shift+F5-F8 it heals the corresponding pet for that memeber.

I believe I have to use ISboxer conditonals and variables, but that seems way above my head atm

thanks for the help

1. No, you do not need to. However, it sounds like you are more familiar with your previous method and less confused by it, so you can always use a Keystroke Action instead of a WoW Macro Action, and use your old way if you want.
    2. Usually, yes. You would want to make a Key Map with a Mapped Key in it to disable other Key Maps. Zanthor's guide shows how to do it, or the Quick Setup Wizard in ISBoxer 33 will generate such a key for you that you can use as an example.
    3. Ideally, you want the same keys to perform the same actions, no matter which character you're playing. The Mapped Keys will work FROM whichever character is assigned to it, and will send keys TO whichever are configured as Targets in the Actions. So you could make a key that only works FROM one or the other by making a key map for each character separately. You would make a key that sends different instructions TO each character by having multiple Actions, or by using ISBoxer's condition processing in a WoW Macro Action as you mention -- but you do NOT need do use that. The purpose of the variables and condition processing is to automatically generate a different macro depending on the characters -- you can make them manually if it's over your head.

Your macro could be shortened to this:
    Code:
    /targetexact charactername
    /cast Renew
    The WoW Macro Action variables dont let you easily make multiple hotkeys the way you're asking -- you would simply need to have a macro like this:
    Code:
    /cast [target=party1] Renew
    for each party member. this can be done with a WoW Macro Action, or use a Keystroke Action that does a wow macro that was created a different way (bind pad, etc)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

thank you for the help Lax

i'll try what you suggested

ok I am having problems with my keybindings. it was working well earlier until i tried hooking up 2 computers.
    basically on my mages I have F5 round-robin for frost nova which has the keybind F5. then I have F5 round robin on my shamans for healing wave which has the wow keybind shift+1. Things were working great until I tried to hook up 2 computers. Now when I load the character set for mages and I push F5, it cast frost nova on my current character, but my slave character wants to cast flamstrike(which has the keybind shift+1).

so what happened? why is everything so screwed up? Can I not have the same keybindings for different character sets?

I deleted the .Lua files from the ISboxer addon folder(just the ones with my character names) and it is still acting wonky. is there something else I should delete?

also when I push 4 to wand, it says interrupted on both characters, not sure whats going on

thanks for the help

I would need to see your config in order to answer this accurately.

Yes, you can have the same key bindings for different character sets. However, you would need to make sure they are not both being loaded, which is what it sounds like is happening.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I had a similar problem and is was related to my keymap toggling.

My keymap for toggling the other keymaps had more than one map in it. Lets say map1 and map2. One of my character sets only had Map2 defined and the toggle map. But when I was in game and pressed the toggle hotkey all the keymaps turned on. Even though that character set didn't have Map1 selected it turned on and its keys overrode what Map2 had setup.

I am not sure if this is an intended function or not. I made another toggle keymap to seperate the map1 and map2 toggles and everything was good again.

I have not tested this with the latest update to see if it has changed or not.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

might be the toggle thing then.. I have all my keymaps to toggle on and off with 1 button. and I dragged all the character sets to it. not sure why it would affect me now, but i'll post my config file.
    keep in mind it is a little messy and unfinished :P

I will try again after I format(due to some errors in windows RC not related to innerspace)

I can't look at your file for another 6 hours at least. Lax or Zanthor will have you straightened out by then.

ok formatted and installed windows 7 RC again.

I still got the same problem, so I remeoved every non-mage keymap from the keymap on/off keymap and now everything seems to work on my mages.

So when I change to shamans, I will have to take out the mage keymaps from the keymap on/off keymap and export it to innerspace.

Just make 2 toggles. First one "toggle mages" second "toggle shaman". Duplicate everything in the toggles except which map is turned on/off. Then in your character sets only use the toggle keymap for that team. You can make as many toggle maps as you like/need. :thumbup:

My issue came up because I use different maps for my Gkeys when I solo. So when I box I use a toggle map that doesn't have the solo keymap in it. Fixed that problem right up.