Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 5 man heroic team....

Im about to start my next boxing team. Im goign to level 3 more SPriests for some gaming fun but looking to wotlk 5 man heroics, I want to level a group that can do it. Is 4 spriests and a pally viable in heroics? Or should I go with a warrior tank and throw in a shammy? Im thinking that 4 spriests and a pally should be fine. Ive read about 5 boxers taking on a dk tank. Just throwing som ideas in the thread as to whats been done or whats working for people now would be great. And ill throw some videos up as soon as I get the compression / quality thing down
    My Wife Said That I Had To Stop Playing WoW Or She Was Going To Leave......
    Now I Multibox 5 Accounts!

I run 3 priests as my dps, it works out fine. I'm currently using a DK tank and a Pally main healer.

I am seriously contemplating bringing up my 4th priest (lv 69 now on the DK's account) and making her main heal and turning the pally into the main tank to make aoe healing a bit simpler. I'd say that it should definitely be viable as 4 priests + a pally for heroics, but i don't think you could keep all 4 as shadow all the time. Dropping in and out of shadowform is really expensive on mana and VE healing is waay underpowered for main tank healing in heroics.
    WoW chars: Aboronic Phlayora Phlayorb Phlayore Abahron
    Earthen Ring - US - Alliance
    How to ask questions

OOhh Treatin that Pally lika chump..;P Strap that suckah with a sword and board and let him tank... show that DK up.

Ok coming from healing on muh pally and priest there is Far less buttons to press. Healing is so easy with the priest.. I was worried about having just a priest in heroics and not doing anything else thought it might effect the DPS.. but not at all. I would def encourage you to make the switch as well.. not a biased opinion at all in anyway :P

it is going to be hard using a pally main tank with 3 spriests dps'ing? i mean, how hard is it for teh paly to keep aggro with all the dps hitting?
    ive played a holy priest for ever and i can do that with no problems. IM just not savy enough with paly tanks. Ive even played warrior tanks for my guild on occation. But I figure as long as I have r.a.f. up and can do it, i might as well shoot for a heroic group composition.

So far it looks like a paly tank, holy priest, 3 spriests for dps......

Paly tank will have absolutely no problem keeping aggro.

/menswearhouseguy "I guarantee it."

haha. Well, im getting my last copy of vanilla wow today and its gonna be game on.

The only problem I see with the multiple shadow priests is comparing them with other dps classes, in comparison their rotation is a bit overly mechanical, their aoe is limited, and their cc is limited as well and the curse removal can be a problem. Previously I would have added the very limited range of mindflay as a problem. They obviously have a lot of survivability and on tank and spank boss fights or single kill order trash they are easy mode. Might be a tight spot in wave attack situations.

Uh no, shadow priests have the most HAX aoe ever. Mind sear is F'ing pimp and you will enjoy using it.

Yeah I agree shadow priests mind sear is THE aoe spell for boxing. No need for manual targeting and since its channeled you keep the target in front of you at all times automatically.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP