Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Need some help with my healing macros please

Hello all,

Its been a while since i posted and i think ive looked through everything that i can in order to find this answer. What i am trying to do is to set my priest to heal my entire group while doing instances. Now what i have been doing since i am only tri-boxxing is i have him set up to heal a specific party member based on the 3 modifiers. Alt he targets party 0, shift he targets party 1 , and ctrl he targets party 2. ... this saved on some button real estate since i could do that all with 1 button no problem. Now. how in the heck can i do that for the last two people? i had hoped myabe i could combine modifiers to use say alt+ctrl , and ctrl+shift.... but i cant seem to find the right syntax or any referance to combining modifiers except that using two modifiers will result in the ability to use EITHER of those modifiers....

SO , if i cannot use two modifiers at once... can anyone suggest to me a way to handle the last 2 positions healing (the real people! ) without sacrificing 3 buttons for party 3, and 3 buttons for party 4?

as a side example of how i am running things, i have all of my basic keys 1-= transfer normally. i have not been using keymaps. I use 4 sets of 9 keys (all iterations of the numpad with alt ctrl and Alt+ctrl) for the micro-managing. otherwise its all spam and castseq using target=targettarget with one big follow the leader button (thx nofocus manifesto) i dont use keymaps because they still hurt my brain in an unpleasant way. everytime i think i understand i try it and it doesnt do what i want i to ... heh

oh and my current groups are either dk/priest/mage or hunter/priest/mage and my babies are 3x shammies. The shammies i have less difficulties healing than i do with the priest and group. maybe its because they dont have as many buttons yet i dont know.

sorry for asking if theres something i missed elsewhere that would have answered this but i searched for a while and read and re-read a few threads. theres just so much info but it doesnt seem to quite cover this question.

Default RE: Need some help with my healing macros please

Quote Originally Posted by 'spleen',index.php?page=Thread&postID=205808#post2 05808
    Hello all,

Its been a while since i posted and i think ive looked through everything that i can in order to find this answer. What i am trying to do is to set my priest to heal my entire group while doing instances. Now what i have been doing since i am only tri-boxxing is i have him set up to heal a specific party member based on the 3 modifiers. Alt he targets party 0, shift he targets party 1 , and ctrl he targets party 2. ... this saved on some button real estate since i could do that all with 1 button no problem. Now. how in the heck can i do that for the last two people? i had hoped myabe i could combine modifiers to use say alt+ctrl , and ctrl+shift.... but i cant seem to find the right syntax or any referance to combining modifiers except that using two modifiers will result in the ability to use EITHER of those modifiers....
    For using combinations of modifiers, you need to specify a complete combination that only matches one case, for example of doing it wrong:

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift][target=party1] heal
    /cast [mod:ctrl][target=party2] heal
    /cast [mod:alt][target=party3] heal
    /cast [mod:ctrl, mod:alt][target=party4] heal
    the first 3 cases will all seem to work fine, but then when you hold down ctrl+alt you will end up healing party2 because the ctrl you are holding down will make that mod: statement true. So you need to either change the order of the tests so it checks for the combos first:

Code:
    or you will need to specify "nomod" options to ensure a certain modifier is also Not pressed:

Code:
    /cast [mod:ctrl, nomod:alt][target=party2] heal
    /cast [mod:alt, nomod:ctrl][target=party3] heal
    WoW chars: Aboronic Phlayora Phlayorb Phlayore Abahron
    Earthen Ring - US - Alliance
    How to ask questions

Default RE: RE: Need some help with my healing macros please

Quote Originally Posted by 'aboron',index.php?page=Thread&postID=205814#post2 05814

Quote Originally Posted by 'spleen',index.php?page=Thread&postID=205808#post2 05808
    Hello all,

For using combinations of modifiers, you need to specify a complete combination that only matches one case, for example of doing it wrong:

Code:
    the first 3 cases will all seem to work fine, but then when you hold down ctrl+alt you will end up healing party2 because the ctrl you are holding down will make that mod: statement true. So you need to either change the order of the tests so it checks for the combos first:

Code:

or you will need to specify "nomod" options to ensure a certain modifier is also Not pressed:

Code:
    /cast [mod:ctrl, nomod:alt][target=party2] heal 
    /cast [mod:alt, nomod:ctrl][target=party3] heal 
    Thank you , this is exactly what i needed.