Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default slow fps issues..

im haveing some issues with my frames per second.. main account fps is around 30 while duelboxing but my other instance of wow on the other monitor is not even playable in bg's around 1-4 fps i think my computer setup should be able to handle 2 accounts, but then again i am fairly new to boxing ..

this is what im runnin:

AMD athlon (tm) 64 X2 duel core processor 4200+ 4 gigs of ram(3 cause of windows xp) e-geforce 9800gt video card 2 22" monitors

if anyone can please help me out it would be much appreciated

RIGHTHOOK,LEFTHOOK- 75 ELEMENTAL SHAMANS

howdy Righthook and welcome to the forums!

what resolution are you running your screens?
    how many displays?
    did you turn off shadows?
    did you try reducing all graphic settings?

when you want to change the graphics settings to impact performance, log in with a single wow... adjust settings... and exit wow completely. this will force the settings to disk so the other wows will get the same settings

talk to you soon,

Rob

hey bud thanks for responding

both screens are running 1280x720 (wide) and i have turned my ingame video settings all the way down including camera distance i read all the time about people having around 50+ fps with multiple accounts and i need to get there if i want to box anything lol normal gameplay like questing is just fine. but as soon as i enter a BG my clone lags so bad he cant even stay on follow..i figured the setup i have should be good enough to run 2 accounts but so far i have been proved wrong lol

xp... hmm... are you using horizontal span or duel view? which ever one it is, try the other. then shutdown your wows, and restart keyclone (screen resolution & layout info is only read at keyclone startup... if you change the settings, you need to restart keyclone)

once keyclone's up, run your commands and see if that helps

right now i have it setup as 2 seprate screens...your saying to try to make them 1 big screen and use keyclones maximizer to make it split between the 2? i hope im following you correctly..

i believe you have 2 monitors... if that is the case, in xp that means you are using dual-view or horizontal span (i believe those are still the options). there use to be an issue with slow fps due to one of those, but i cannot remember which. just flip to the other and see if it improves your fps.

as for keyclone & maximizer, i thought you were using it to layout your wows between the monitors (it ends up looking like both wows are in full screen mode, even though they are windowed)

ok so i switched to horizontal span and it seen to run a little smoother while just questin. as for the BG'S again the clone's fps is around 5 now. before i was not using the maximizer, i just opened 1 instance and dragged it to left monitor and maximized..then opened another and clicked and dragged again

i really think the best fix would be to buy another computer and run it that way...i reallly hate to use 2 comps for only 2 accounts cause i travel for work alot

i also wanted to add that the motherboard im using is a m2n-mx se plus...i have beed talking to a few other people and they said the motherboard might be the problem or video card, but again i think the 9800 gt should be fine

i also had a fps issue with same cpu and ram but different video card (ati 7890). I just upgraded cpu to amd quad core phenom II X4 and fps is fine now.
    Dual Boxer on Hellfire EU

your CPU is definately a limiting factor, WoW is very CPU dependant, get a better one for better FPS,