Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Graphical / sound indication that override is active ?

Hi,

I am just playing around with HKN.
    Is there any possibility to have a graphical indication (like in keyclone, the big Overridebox) that key override / hotkeys is active ?
    (under windows Vista x64)
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

I assume "override" means hotkeys are on or off. I've never seen Keyclone so I don't know how it handles this. HotkeyNet gives you two visual indications to show whether hotkeys are on or off.

When they are off, (1) HotkeyNet's task bar icon changes to gray and (2) HotkeyNet's window displays a big red X in the upper left corner.

If you want a sound indication, you can write this yourself in a script. For example:

http://www.hotkeynet.com/wiki/index....le=Play_sounds

I'm guessing that you haven't seen these visual changes because you are using Scroll Lock to toggle individual hotkeys. This is different from turning hotkeys off and on. When you toggle Scroll Lock you're toggling your keyboard state, and some or all of your hotkeys can use that as a condition, but you're not turning hotkeys off. One of the advantages of using the Scroll Lock key in this way is that the keyboard provides its own visual indicator.

If you want to turn hotkeys off or toggle them you can do it (1) from the Action Menu or (2) from the tray menu or (3) with a hotkey that contains one of these commands:

<TurnHotkeysOff>
    <TurnHotkeysOn>
    <ToggleHotkeys>
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by 'Freddie',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187168#post 187168
    I assume "override" means hotkeys are on or off. I've never seen Keyclone so I don't know how it handles this. HotkeyNet gives you two visual indications to show whether hotkeys are on or off.

When they are off, (1) HotkeyNet's task bar icon changes to gray and (2) HotkeyNet's window displays a big red X in the upper left corner.

If you want a sound indication, you can write this yourself in a script. For example:

http://www.hotkeynet.com/wiki/index....le=Play_sounds

I'm guessing that you haven't seen these visual changes because you are using Scroll Lock to toggle individual hotkeys. This is different from turning hotkeys off and on. When you toggle Scroll Lock you're toggling your keyboard state, and some or all of your hotkeys can use that as a condition, but you're not turning hotkeys off. One of the advantages of using the Scroll Lock key in this way is that the keyboard provides its own visual indicator.

If you want to turn hotkeys off or toggle them you can do it (1) from the Action Menu or (2) from the tray menu or (3) with a hotkey that contains one of these commands:

<TurnHotkeysOff>
    <TurnHotkeysOn>
    <ToggleHotkeys>
    indeed, with override I mean hotkeys on/off
    The indication is indeed in the taskbar or in the application itself. Both of which I don't see during gameplay
    Code:
    //This seems to work I can now switch it on and off with the pause Key
    <hotkey Pause>
      <SendPC Local>
    	<SendWin WoW1>
      	<ToggleHotkeys>
      	<key ScrollLock>

// Below produces an error since ScrollLockOn is a modifier
    //<hotkey ScrollLockOn>
    //	<sendpc local>
    //	<TurnHotkeysOn>

//<hotkey ScrollLockOff>
    //	<sendpc local>
    //	<TurnHotkeysOff>
    Sound: I already found that link, but sndrec32 does not exist in Vista anymore

thanks for the prompt help.

Will try to play now with the configuration.

I am already impressed by the AOE targeting per mouseclick

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bloodcloud',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187174#p ost187174
    The indication is indeed in the taskbar or in the application itself. Both of which I don't see during gameplay
    Is that because you're playing in full-screen mode? What sort of indication do you want?

Sound: I already found that link, but sndrec32 does not exist in Vista anymore
    You can copy sndrec32.exe from XP or use another sound program from the Web. If you want I'll post sndrec32 so you can download it.

// Below produces an error since ScrollLockOn is a modifier
    Sorry I missed this comment when I answered a moment ago.

ScrollLockOn is a state. The name of the key is ScrollLock. You can use the ScrollLock key to trigger a hotkey like this:

Code:
    <Hotkey ScrollLock>

got everything to work. Now for the more fancy things like formations and round-robin keys ...

will also try go get the sndrec32 tomorrow.

things I need to get used is: HKN if active always sends to the wow windows, whatever program you have in the foreground.
    it has a click to focus compared the mouseover focus I had before.

but: PIP works much faster and more reliable, mouse targeting is possible

all in all I like it so far.

thanks for the help and keep up the good work Freddy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bloodcloud',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187206#p ost187206
    things I need to get used is: HKN if active always sends to the wow windows, whatever program you have in the foreground.
    No, that's not correct. The program is not limited in this way. Maybe your script is written this way, but you can write the script differently if you want.

Hotkeys can do different things (or nothing) depending on:

-- which window is in the foreground;
    -- whether a window exists;
    -- whether or not the mouse cursor is above a certain region of a certain window;
    -- whether or not the mouse cursor is above a certain region of the screen;
    -- whether or not a certain window has a certain size;
    -- etc.

For more information:

http://hotkeynet.com/p/if-else-endif.html
    http://hotkeynet.com/ref/if.html

You have many options with HotkeyNet. You can write your script in many different ways.

it has a click to focus compared the mouseover focus I had before.
    No, this is not correct. The program is not limited in this way. If you want mouseover focus, turn on SetActiveWindowTracking.

http://hotkeynet.com/ref/setactivewindowtracking.html

Oh coool !!!!!

So far I was mainly following the HKN guide here and on your wiki which I heavily edited to slap it around my current config something like 300+ keys defined

(true I don't need all of them, but by that I have a set op unique keys per char which I currently activate from my Xkeys128 )

Will dive now deeper into the config with the advanced things.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bloodcloud',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187299#p ost187299
    So far I was mainly following the HKN guide here and on your wiki...
    I understand. Those things show examples.

If you want complete information, you need to go to HotkeyNet's documentation:

HotkeyNet Reference

HotkeyNet Instructions (See Sidebar)