Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Question about extra gold for doing quests at max level

Good afternoon boxers,

My main is level 80 and has gotten a few drops and im ready to bring up my lowbies. I read, in the WoWwiki, that

"Level 60 (non-expansion owners), level 70 (TBC expansion owners) or Level 80 (WotLK expansion owners) characters now gain money instead of XP for turning in quests. This was done to encourage them to continue completing quests in the endgame. The exchange rate is 6 copper for each XP that the quest would otherwise have given (for example, a quest yielding 14150 XP gives you 8 49 extra); however, repeatable quests are exempt from this rule and will not yield additional money."

I plan on trying to grind up to 80 through instances and then come back and do all the quests (eventually), thus making a good deal of money in the process. I just wanted to make sure Im reading this right and that i will still get money for level 60-80 quests even if im level 80? I think it will be a reduce amount, I just wanted to know if Ill still get a bonus.

Thanks.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

The amount of gold you get from completing a quest IS as you say, but it also factors in your relative level, so completing 60-75 Quests will net you less gold than you would have gotten as XP. Its still a good way to make good moeny. I can pull in 3-4k a night from questing.

lets make a cery nice example for you here. at level 70 the average gold received from I.E. a Dalie quest from teh Isle would yeild about anywhere from 9-11g as i remember i think. At level 80 i went back to see if i could still get that much gold. All of teh quests gold amounts had been dropped down to about 3-4g

Hope that helps =]
    BTW thats just a 10 level difference quest lvl 80 vs. lvl 70 quests :|
    Your Reality Is Only A Figment Of My Imagination.....

OHHHH Bunnies!!

Default RE: Question about extra gold for doing quests at max level

nvm....
    post deleted due to not reading other people's replies.