Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default [KC] Idiots guide to affinity?

Can someone walk me through, step by step on how to set up the CPU affinity through KeyClone?

Here's what I understand of it..

1- Open KC
    2- Setup
    3- Command Editor
    4- Hmmm.. i see cpu affinity and I'm gathering I'd put 2 commands to point to my 2 different WoW installs.

I'm not sure if it'll really make a difference for my situation, but I'd like to know that I'm doing something that's actually having an effect.

My situation:

Hardware
    Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz
    2 Gigs RAM
    GeForce 7600 GS 256megs RAM

Install Locations
    W:\KeyClone\
    W:\WoW-Master\
    W:\WoW-Slave\

Also, I'm wondering how to default the keyclone keybinding to a folder different then Windows\System.

As always, thanks for the info guys and gals.

Edit:
    And yes, I do see the other affinity post, but I didn't want to hijack it from it's already derailment of talking about video cards.

Edit 2:
    I think I got it now actually.

Set up commands with whatever WoW location and such, and just type that out in the text box in the main KC window. It'll do the rest and even fill the account name if you put it. Nice

Is there a way to get it to auto name the windows in the main KC window?

well.. looks like you have it answered.

as for the startup folder... that is addressed in the upcoming release. basically, the startup folder will be where the keyclone.exe file is.

as for naming the keyclone window automatically from the command name... i don't have that one in there yet. i'll put it on the list.

don't forget to set your maxfps and maxfpsbk ... the maxfpsbk will give you more cpu/gpu to your active window by 'browning down' the background windows. i normally put the background windows at 15 and my foreground at 40

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone
    well.. looks like you have it answered.

as for the startup folder... that is addressed in the upcoming release. basically, the startup folder will be where the keyclone.exe file is.

as for naming the keyclone window automatically from the command name... i don't have that one in there yet. i'll put it on the list.

don't forget to set your maxfps and maxfpsbk ... the maxfpsbk will give you more cpu/gpu to your active window by 'browning down' the background windows. i normally put the background windows at 15 and my foreground at 40
    Yeah, you've made a lot of it more self explaintory then I had thought.

With the commands, can you give the same command to multip actions?

thanks for the tip on max FPS.. that'll help a lot.

multi actions? you can run the same command multiple times if you want. but they have nothing to do with actions in the game. commands are just to launch programs.. that is it.

(should i rename it? i thought it was fairly straight forward.. considering the 'program...' button)

Nah its fine m8, it makes me warm and fuzzy about command prompts

Default Hi

Hi there, since i havent yet purchased keyclone, will this make my system run faster than if I just set the affinity ma nualy in each window....

I am going to want to purchase it, i just am not sure if my current system is good enough and i dont want to bother if its going to crawl or make me suck in bgs and in arenas hjehe

What is your current system? How Many characters are you going to be playing?

WoW is now Multi-threaded, so you'd probably be best suited to running all characters without setting processor affinity. Although as always, test it and see.

You don't need to buy keyclone to set processor affinity, you can do it using Windows ;-)
    Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone
    multi actions? you can run the same command multiple times if you want. but they have nothing to do with actions in the game. commands are just to launch programs.. that is it.

(should i rename it? i thought it was fairly straight forward.. considering the 'program...' button)
    Nah, the name is fine. I agree with the Command Prompt feeling.

I wasn't home when I asked, so I didn't get to try it out before I asked.

Basically, what I had in mind (it doesn't work I found when I finally got to try) was to set up 1 command like "Priests" which would be the same under both commands.

Priests would be effectivly 2 commands with the same name (remember, I'm running 2 toons only). So I'd type it once and it'd automagically open WoW-Master & WoW-Slave, giving the associated keybindings and opening the correct WoW application all under 1 command. Sort of like a batch command.

When I tried to name a command the same as another, it just copied exactly what that other command was, so it didn't work like I had in mind.

That's fine though. Since I only run 2 toons, it's nothing for me to just name a command for each toon, loading the appropriate WoW app and keybinding file.

Also, the keybinding file sorta takes care of my naming question I had since I save the keybindings under the filename of the character in question.

So I get something like this in the KC main window...

World of Warcraft > keymap (Gna)
    World of Warcraft > keymap (Hlin)

Of course, the ">" is there just to give the seperation I can't give in forums.

Really, as I said before, you made this thing too easy and I'm just over complicating things myself because I seem to keep thinking there's just more to it then there really is.

Hi there

Thanks for responding.

Yes I figured that however if i can make wow run well on my laptop (i have another thread i created on it, its dual core with 2 gig ram and a 512 x1400 radeon mobility card) I would buy it because I want to be able setup my numberpad to control my mage and i might even level up a druid as this seems to be a good class to dual box with

What I am wondering is how in keyclone ( have downloaded it and not registered it yet, but just playing with it) do you set it so that the foreground app gets the priority, cant find how to set the maxfps and fpsbackground settings... currently I dont think it will store much unless i register it..

if i was in canada id be fine as id' have two systems to do this with...however I am in a foreign country on my laptop... wish ic ould upgrade it but im stuck with it at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    What is your current system? How Many characters are you going to be playing?

WoW is now Multi-threaded, so you'd probably be best suited to running all characters without setting processor affinity. Although as always, test it and see.

You don't need to buy keyclone to set processor affinity, you can do it using Windows ;-)

actually, you can string commands together on the main screen when you run them. separate the command names by a semicolon

ie:

wow1;wow2;wow3

would trigger 3 commands. you can also run a command from one keyclone to another, by including the remote keyclone's nickname

ie:

A:wow1

that would start the command 'wow1' on the keyclone connected to the current keyclone... and named 'A'. and of course, you can string them together. my connection string looks like this:

A:wow1;A:wow2;wow3;C:wow4;C:wow5

that starts up 5 wows. A and C are laptops sitting on the left and right of my desktop.

oh... and since the command history is saved, you only have to type that once.. after that, when you start up keyclone, just select it from the list and hit enter (or click 'connect')