Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default melee: just add /follow to the attack macro?

Isn't this the entire solution? I know I'm not the first one to have thought of this and expect there's something I'm missing, but I've been brutalizing things as 5x kitty form druids from 20 to 33, and don't see the downside. I'd be running off to try it with a team of DKs or rogues right now if my RAF wasn't a week away from expiring. I have a melee attack macro that basically goes:

/follow focus
    /startattack [target=focustarget,harm]
    /cast Tiger's Fury
    /castrandom [target=focustarget,harm] Claw, Shred, Rip, Rake

The leader has to move around a bit to keep the mob between him and the alts, but there is never really a time when any of the alts stop DPSing. I spam the attack key and stuff dies.

btw, multiboxing cat druids is more fun than a really fun thing. I wish I had speakers on this computer, because the cacophany of claws, shreds, rips 'n' rakes shrieking through my headphones would probably sound even better were they really loud.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

I use a very similar macro setup on my Warrior/Rogues group. I add an /assist party1 to the slaves (I'm sticking with a focus-less setups)

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)

Yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it. Watch out for the naysayers though. Still a bunch of people who think melee boxing doesn't work.

Just so I understand, this is the macro that you spam when you are attacking a mob? So that no matter how often /follow gets broken, you manage to keep them on your primary character?
    "Multibox : !! LOZERS !!" My multiboxing blog

My method is alittle different. I macroed /follow for my 4 followers and put in on my action bar, then sat that action bar to W on my 4 followers, so everytime I press W, they /follow. I'm always using WASD to move so it works for me. My main still uses W from WSAD to move forward, so it's always used.

I'ts how I set up my 4 (maybe 5) melee groups. There are some things you don't immediately want /assist on tho, so i set up those different (crowd control) but for the most part, any melee move has /assist focus and /follow focus on it. Oh yeah, and /startattack too, cause sometimes you don't have enough rage/ energy, whatever to do the next special, and the characters will just stand there not attacking waiting for the energy.
    Alliance_______________Jogo Comigo________________Horde
    Wildhammer___________________________________Ticho ndrius
    Dwarf paladins - 70____________________________Undead rogues - 70
    Gnome warlox - 70______________________________Undead DKs - 65
    Dranei shamans - 62___________________________Blood Elf warlox - 30
    Gnome mages - 66_____________________________Tauren druids - 61
    Night Elf druids - 60
    70 huntards on other 5 accounts, dunno if i wanna spnd the $ to bringem over >.<

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bigfish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=166993#post 166993
    Yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it. Watch out for the naysayers though. Still a bunch of people who think melee boxing doesn't work.
    After hanging out here for a while, I'm of the firm belief that this group can figure out how to make most anything work!
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

Quote Originally Posted by 'Feider',index.php?page=Thread&postID=166978#post1 66978
    I use a very similar macro setup on my Warrior/Rogues group. I add an /assist party1 to the slaves (I'm sticking with a focus-less setups)
    Warrior and 4 rogues? That's pretty cool, I was thinking of doing that group. Do you pvp with them? Or pve? Seems like instances would be a crapshoot.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

My pre-Boxing PvP skills consist of a /beg macro. I have always sucked at PvP on all my solo toons.

I would like to get into it and gett better but I don't think its for me.

The warrior/rogues group was gifted so I haven't played them much. It just seemed like a fun idea.

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tonuss',index.php?page=Thread&postID=166999#post1 66999
    Just so I understand, this is the macro that you spam when you are attacking a mob? So that no matter how often /follow gets broken, you manage to keep them on your primary character?
    Yep! That's the idea, you're constantly breaking follow but also constantly re-establishing it.

All right, cool, I'm glad I'm not on crack. Now I'm going to have to speak up every time I read someone put down melee boxing though.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)