Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Question about new gathering quests

For some insane reason..I accepted one of the new gathering quests.

It was to gather bear glands or something like that. And what I never thought I'd see happen was..when I killed a bear and got a drop.. there were 4 more drops ready to be looted for the whole group.

It would be AWESOME if they put this in for all gathering quests.

It's the only gathering quest I've done so far, so my question is...are all new quests like this?
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Not all of them. I've found a few in Borean Tundra and only a couple so far in Howling Fjord that are multiple drops.

Well, for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, there are a number of quests (at least 2 off the top of my head in Borean Tundra) where you have to gather something from a talkable NPC. If you use "/script SelectGossipOption(1)" on all your characters at the same time you can get an item for everyone before the npc gets flagged as "already gave out one, despawn".

I wish they would add it in for all gathering quests.. it would sure free up mobs for quests for everyone, not just multiboxers.
    It would also be another good reason for people to group up.
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

i understand the hate in our community for drop quests. Some (mostly in old wow) have just stupid drop rates. I know it can be tedious and slows us down. But ... From what I have seen in wotlk so far, drop quests are not bad at all and they are more mixed in with longer chains that have both good story lines, decent loot (for vendoring if nothing else) and loads of XP. The fairly new pass on loot option lets you do all looting from your leader and when they get done you can shift attention to each other dude, one at a time, looking for sparkles (the quest drop) until they all get it. Most teams can eaisly AoE mobs down in groups from 3 to well as many as you can get making the quests even faster and putting lots of loot in one place.

I just don't think it is as bad as it used to be or as bad as people make it out to be and in WotLK so many quests are parts of chains you end up missing out on a lot of the story and additional quests - which means gold and gear.

This appears to be the instance for the daily quest in Wintergrasp, where you have to collect different things .. from opposite faction kills or elementals, different locations in Wintergrasp.

Rewards gold and honor, and it's a nice way to be forced to make Eternals!

Very few have that from what I have seen.