Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Default Is 2 man slower lvling than 3,4, or 5 man?

I am a sad panda. I am dual boxing a ret pally (main t6 gear) and a elemental shammy. And right now it seems that it is slow going. True, I have finished BT and almost done HF (For the rep needed for mah CHOPPA), but I am about ready to tear my eyeballs out. A prot warrior is ahead of me for goodness sake :P. I thought you were supposed to get a bonus of some sort if you were in a party? ?(

you receive no party xp bonus with just 2 ppl

and obviously you have lower dps and don't kill as fast
    Someguy: "You must really like playing with yourself"
    Me: "OH HELLS YEAH!"

But you can take advantage of collection quests more easily :P
    Darkerdecay - 80 DK, Spadoodle - 80 Priest, Fierykitten - 80 Mage, Smïtten - 80 Pally, Boofey - 80 Druid (Caelestrasz)
    Oogajigga, Oogajagga, Oogajogga & Oogajugga ~ Troll Shaman (Caelestrasz)

5 toons generate mana at 5X the rate of one toon. There is no reason they will not kill 5X as many mobs as one IF you have unlimited mobs.

Same applies to 2 vs. 5 or 3 vs. 5 etc.

And the group bonus kicks in. So ASSUMING unlimited mobs you go 5 or 10 or 15 for max efficency.

Also, judging from prepared fast leveling of 40 plus toons the simple fact that if you quest more toons dosnt seem to slow you down a whole lot ...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sam DeathWalker',index.php?page=Thread&postID=150201#p ost150201
    5 toons generate mana at 5X the rate of one toon. There is no reason they will not kill 5X as many mobs as one IF you have unlimited mobs.

And the group bonus kicks in. So ASSUMING unlimited mobs you go 5 or 10 or 15 for max efficency.

Also, judging from prepared fast leveling of 40 plus toons the simple fact that if you quest more toons dosnt seem to slow you down a whole lot ...
    Have you hit level 30 yet ? not sure you're qualified to comment...
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Questing with 2 toons is faster then 5 for resource quests.

But 5 toons can do higher level quests and so you can fight higher level mobs vs. 2 toons. The main thing is just quest out a zone and continue to move on, don't focus on resource quests unless they have a really high drop rate. You can waste more time doing resource quests then just grinding.

But if you are say doing instance farming with a high level toon. Then it doesn't matter.
    Horde:
    5 80 BE Paladins (Ret)
    3 80 Orc Hunters
    1 80 Orc Shaman (Resto)
    1 80 Death Knight (Tank/DPS)

Alliance:
    80 Hu Death Knight DPS
    80 Hu Paladin (Tank)
    70 Hu Priest S2 (Disc)
    72 Dr Shaman (Resto)

Tons of 60's Horde/Alliance

Nope, just doing all the faction ones I need to get exhalted for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44503#comments

"This Schematic as of now looks like it requires exalted with alliance vangaurd for an engineer to learn it.

alliance vanguard has 4 different factions related to it.
    - explorers league
    - the frostborn
    - the silver covenant
    - valiance expedition

so to get exalted is it exalted with all 4 factions? or do each of them contribute their individual rep + alliance vanguard?

according to wowhead. the only 2 out of the 4 branches of this faction have quests to do. valiance has 198, and explorers league has 22.. all quests totaled give 41535 rep or 37655 for valiance and 3880 rep for explorers league..
    if my math is right it takes 42000 rep to get from neutral to exalted...

i hope they add more quests or dailies at lvl 80 so getting exalted isnt so tough

"

Have you hit level 30 yet ? not sure you're qualified to comment...
    http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/gu...d=631360193720

I'd say its clear Iv spent more time killing mobs then any MMO player in history.

Not to mention those are my mains, I have like 5 or 6 level 60 or so besides thouse. And my 26 X level 20 in WoW.

Not to mention leveling in EQ is way way way harder then in WoW, espically on a pvp server.

Oh and was there actually anything incorrect about my statement that 5 is better then two? Given you generate 5/2's the mana with 5 as you do with 2, which allows you to kill 5/2's the mobs with 5 as you do with 2, in the same time span, thus given the group exp bonus with 5 is greater then with two you should, assumming unlimited mobs, level faster with 5. Quests I don't know about much admittadly but seems if its a "go from point A to point B" type quest that it can be done with 5 just as fast as with 2 .... given autofollow.

Group Exp bonus with 5 is 1.4 vs. 1.0 with 2. Its silly to assume you will not level faster with 5, given each kill gives you 140pecent the exp you would get with 2.

my toons will gernerate mana at the same rate wheter playing solo or in a group of five - so I dont know how you work that statement out. (the MP5 doesn't change according to the number of party members)

the only difference being that a group of 5 will kill mobs using less mana than the same kill if done solo.

mmcookies has the answer in his first post - 2 toons better xp, but slower kill due to lower dps. as for faster, it depends if you are questing or grinding. because most of the multiboxers here have used RAF, and at later levels Questing with triple XPis a better gain than pure grinding (4-5 man teams - mob kill xp is quite low, but your main source of XP would be from quest turn ins)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sam DeathWalker',index.php?page=Thread&postID=150201#p ost150201

This is also "assuming" you are playing with 5 mana based classes. And from the looks of your generating mana at 5X the rate, I'd say you are "assuming" those 5 classes are all Shaman with mana spring totems.

I'd say its clear Iv spent more time killing mobs then any MMO player in history.

Not to mention those are my mains, I have like 5 or 6 level 60 or so besides thouse. And my 26 X level 20 in WoW.
    1, 2, 3 ALL EYES ON ME!!-much? It's great that you have done this, but please don't belittle or talk down to the rest of us because we choose to only use 2-5 accounts.

Not to mention leveling in EQ is way way way harder then in WoW, espically on a pvp server.
    WoW != EQ so I don't see how this is relevant?

Oh and was there actually anything incorrect about my statement that 5 is better then two? Given you generate 5/2's the mana with 5 as you do with 2, which allows you to kill 5/2's the mobs with 5 as you do with 2, in the same time span, thus given the group exp bonus with 5 is greater then with two you should, assumming unlimited mobs, level faster with 5. Quests I don't know about much admittadly but seems if its a "go from point A to point B" type quest that it can be done with 5 just as fast as with 2 .... given autofollow.

Group Exp bonus with 5 is 1.4 vs. 1.0 with 2. Its silly to assume you will not level faster with 5, given each kill gives you 140pecent the exp you would get with 2.
    Nothing you said is incorrect if we "assume" your assumptions are right.
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]