Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Most efficient boosting method currently?

As well as my five multiboxing accounts, I have my original account with a variety of single-boxed characters on it, including a 48 Druid, 35 Priest, 25 Rogue and 18 Paladin.

I'm starting to feel that having five shamans has it's limitations and would like to add a tank class to my team, so I'm looking at levelling the 48 Druid to 70.

What is currently the fastest way to boost these characters to 70, without using RAF? Should I take them through instances with four of my 70 Shamans, or just a single one? Any other efficient methods?

I'm currently taking the Druid through LBRS and UBRS with four shamans, but it only gets 100XP from each kill, and that's rested. Once the druid hits 50, I'll take it into ZG instead with all five shamans.

Thanks.
    Outland EU - Orc Shamans: Toth[aeiou]
    Al'Akir EU - Night Elf Hunters: Venatrix[aeiou]
    Core i7 920 - Intel DX58SO board - 6GB Corsair DDR3-1333 - GeForce GTX285 1GB - 2x Dell 2407FPW LCD
    Windows 7 Ultimate RC 64-bit - Keyclone

Without the ability to use RAF, I am leaning towards questing, unless you hit the SM range, but I have done that road before & even then it is long. I would boost up to 40 then quest as the amount of XP/per quest is really good now.
    4 Boxing
    1 x Paladin 3 x Druid
    - US Rampage - Illidan [PVP] Horde
    Bubblebarbie, Ishiftbricks, Legalbearly, Shiftmypants
    1-------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    4 groups at level 60, now to start the 5th.

Well, I tried leveling 5 but was pressed in getting 70 asap on my four shammies (originally had a tank in on the bunch) so I dropped the tank figured I'd roll a tank another time and boosted my 4 shammies through instances with my main upto 60. That went -really- quick. Eventually dinged 70 with 11 days played time on the clock.

Quite some months later, I still have to roll a tank sometime. :P
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

From personal experience, I would say a Prot Paladin is best for boosting from 10-45, a Sweeping Strikes Warrior from 45-65-ish, and quests from 65-70. That somewhat depends on what you're boosting. Up to 45 a prot pally pulling half an instance or a full instance and Consecrating them down will be the fastest method. After that, the Warrior will take over as pulls can't get to large, and their DPS will be far superior to small groups. Of course, you need some healers to keep the Warrior going, so if for some reason you weren't boosting a healer, you CAN stick with the Pally to 55, but its harder.

Because of the aoe cap changes, you can boost pretty well with a priest or warlock also. Priest can take a group up to 40 pretty quick with holy nova. Warlock can take you up to 60 with seed of corruption and metamorphosis

Boosting SM with a prot paladin is even easier than it already was. I used to always run out of mana between the pulls but now that Blessing of Salvation gives 2% mana back per block/parry/dodge I literally finish every pull with full mana using my low mana prot set (5k ish mana). It used to take me 12ish minutes to pull all of Cathedral (no Figurine) and now it only takes me 8 minutes.

As always with boosting, if you have more than one high level character in your group it is going to KILL your exp. Just have one and if you can't finish the instance with one then go quest.
    US - Garona - Horde
    3x Sham + 1 Boom (Mooietonto, Mooiebravo, Mooiemacho, Eldude)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20-----|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|-----70-----|-----80

3 x mage + 1 priest(Níghtofnee, Nightofneé, Nightofnée, Scareyspice)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20------|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|----70-----|-----80

I am hitting the instance cap much faster post-patch thanks to the increased DPS my prot pally does.

I have typically done the following (alliance Prot Pally in Kara-level gear):
    10-15 DM
    15-20 Stocks
    20-40/45 SM: Cath
    4-45 (optional) ZF -- I find SM Cath to be "easier" in that I can do it with my eyes closed almost. So I try to stick with cath. Less travel.
    45-60 Strat

I have done this pre-RAF and didn't gouge my eyes out. Now that I'm spoiled on RAF, I wouldn't do it without.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

My method is this by the way:

10-22 SFK
    22-40 SM
    40-47 ZF
    47-60 UD Strat

Priest works pretty well up until about SM lib or armory, then I use the warlock all the way to 60

With the increased AoE caps, if you have a well-geared Mage then you can boost faster than with a Paladin now.