Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default dual-boxing..second toon is a priest..party macros for healing?

does anyone know the macro or line where you target lets say..party member number 2 ..or party member number 3 etc...im trying to see if i can effectively dps on my warrior and heal and instance onmy priest (60 almost 61) so far when ive tried the warrior jsut has to auto attack so i can make sure no one is dying on the priest....i was thinking it would be alot easier if i had macros to lets say target party member 2..etc just didnt know the line for it..cuz if i could do that i think i could figure out how to do both at the same time

Are you saying your warrior is tanking or dpsing?

In either case you might want to think of healing targettarget. This would mean your priest targets the mob right along with your warrior, your warrior dps's (or tanks) just fine, and the priest is healing whoever the mob is targeting. Might be a bit easier than healing specific people.
    [align=center]March of Souls, Illidan (US)
    [/align][align=center]Warrior, Warlock x 3, Priest
    [/align][align=center][----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----X]
    [/align]

ive already got the target of target thing down etc..but im going to HAVE to heal specific people if i instance..they arent going to let a holy priest just stand there and aoe heal..have 2 healers 2 dps and a tank >_< and doing target of target means i have to stop dpsing on my warrior ..and look at the guy i want to heal....press the button for the priest to look at my warrs target then heal the guy...was just curious if there was a heal party member number 3 line or something

target party1
    /cast Renew or Heal
    target party2
    /cast Renew or Heal
    etc
    etc
    etc

i use keyclone and its totally awesome PiP feature and play my tank as my main window and have my shammy and 3 dps windows on the side. i use 1 macro that heals the tank or his target if its friendly (though ive never used that feature in combat) and have healbot set as big as it will go on the healer and if for some reason i need to heal any dps so far i can just click over on healbot real quick. but my heal macro is

/stopcasting
    /target party1
    /cast [target=targettarget,help,nodead,exists] Healing Wave; [target=target,help,nodead,exists] Healing Wave

you could easily make 4 of those for party1, party2,ect... but it might get a bit confusing. though i imagine as i progress ill have to delve deeper into a lot more complex macro business, but i have been able to clear up to razorfen kraul no problem and hardly ever have to even push a heal button maybe once per trash fight and about 4 times per boss (Arugal in sfk being one of the only exceptions he mc'ed the tank and i just used healbot to heal through it).
    Bot (80 Paladin) / Carfire (80 Shaman)
    Alliance, Madoran US

once i get my new comp we bought for my birthday ( cant wait next week!) ill be able to play in PiP mode so one toon on top one toon on bottom