Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Multiboxing in Star Wars Galaxies (SWG)

Hi,

I've been reading about multiboxing in WoW and find it very interesting.
    However, I play a game called Star Wars Galaxies (and please, let this not be a discussion about the game itself, there is enough of that in other places) and I have three accounts.
    It isn't too hard to multibox the game with just using in-game macros, but sometimes there is a need for some interaction, and alt + tab simply isn't enough.

So, I read about AutoHotKey and thought I'd give it a shot (I normally run 2 or 3 instances of the game on the same computers).
    However, I simply cannot get the keysends to work.
    I am a programmer (I know Assembly, C/C++, PHP, PERL, VB and I've written many AutoIT scripts) but I cannot get the keystrokes sent to several SWG windows at the same time.

My questions are as follows.

1) Is there anyone that is able to multibox SWG where two or more instances of the game are running on the same system?
    2) If not, what other alternatives are there?

I have pasted my AutoHotKey script below, so far it's extremely simple, I'm just trying to get the keystrokes sent to two SWG windows.

Code:
    WinGet, swgid, List, Star Wars Galaxies

~7::
    KeyWait 7

IfWinActive, Star Wars Galaxies
    {
    ControlSend,, 7, ahk_id %swgid1%
    ControlSend,, 7, ahk_id %swgid2%
    Return
    }

~8::
    KeyWait 8

{
    ControlSend,, 8, ahk_id %swgid1%
    ControlSend,, 8, ahk_id %swgid2%
    Return
    }

~9::
    KeyWait 9

{
    ControlSend,, 9, ahk_id %swgid1%
    ControlSend,, 9, ahk_id %swgid2%
    Return
    }

~0::
    KeyWait 0

{
    ControlSend,, 0, ahk_id %swgid1%
    ControlSend,, 0, ahk_id %swgid2%
    Return
    }

Return

If I am doing something obviously wrong then please let me know.
    If not, I am guessing SWG won't accept keystrokes if it's not the active window, in which case my only alternative is to run it on two different computers (which I can do as I have a few computers at home).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I unlocked my jedi on 1/1/2004. Had alot of fun in that game even in the CU. After the new upgrade I had to quit that game cause they ruined it. I think if you use keyclone you should be able to multibox swg pretty easy. My suggestion is to buy keyclone.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by 'pinotnoir',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122154#po st122154
    I unlocked my jedi on 1/1/2004. Had alot of fun in that game even in the CU. After the new upgrade I had to quit that game cause they ruined it. I think if you use keyclone you should be able to multibox swg pretty easy. My suggestion is to buy keyclone.
    I activated my first account feb 2004, loved the game back then. Stopped for quite some time after the CU, same after the NGE, but its still a playable game (although nothing like the pre-cu days).
    Anyways, I still think its an alright game, and I'm bored of WoW, as well as all the wannabe WoW copied MMOs that are coming these days, so I'll stick with SWG until something better comes along.

In any case, I'll give keyclone a shot, hopefully it will work.

Thanks for the input.

hey muffen, I play SWG too, and the only thing that seems to send keystrokes/mouse is InnerSpace from Lavishsoftware.
    You have to check "lock foreground" to get it to work. keyclone doesn't have that feature implemented unfortunately.

SOE games treat input differently then wow.

I used Zanthor's setup and remove the GUI and customized the autolayout. Change wow.iss to swg.iss and fix the launching commands for SWG and made the timer 30seconds.
    [Innerspace] Innerspace Windowsnapper, Repeater, and a little extra sumptin sumptin

Quote Originally Posted by pooprscooper',index.php?page=Thread&postID=152190# post152190]hey muffen, I play SWG too, and the only thing that seems to send keystrokes/mouse is InnerSpace from Lavishsoftware.
    You have to check "lock foreground" to get it to work. keyclone doesn't have that feature implemented unfortunately.

I used Zanthor's setup and remove the GUI and customized the autolayout. Change wow.iss to swg.iss and fix the launching commands for SWG and made the timer 30seconds.
    [b][Innerspace][/b] [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=15769
    Innerspace Windowsnapper, Repeater, and a little extra sumptin sumptin[/url]
    If you want to e-mail me the changed files I can host them with the WoW files and add documentation to what they do... My e-mail is zanthor @gmail.com if you wanna fire that off.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by pooprscooper View Post
    hey muffen, I play SWG too, and the only thing that seems to send keystrokes/mouse is InnerSpace from Lavishsoftware.

[Innerspace] Innerspace Windowsnapper, Repeater, and a little extra sumptin sumptin

sorry to dig this up, but is there a more specific link than above to get me started? that link ends at forum list. thanks!

nice post i unlocked my jedi the day before patch 4 came in cant remember the date i was on eclipse server though. I to quit after NGE i didn't like the whole aspect of a FPS it just blew and you see now they are closing more and more servers down. They lost allot of money on that, if they would have listened to the players they would probably still be going strong.

I agree there. However with the game choices we have currently, I still find myself trying to go back to SWG. I have read of some vanilla servers being setup. Wonder how that would be?

Also, if I could find any guides on how to successfully run 4 or so accounts and solo the heroic content, I may still return.

Been in Aion but so far the community doesn't look like it is going to take well to multiboxing. Perhaps to early to tell..

anyone have any setups to help a noob multibox in SWG?

Blog Entries

I'd take a look at IS Boxer/Inner Space.
    You get a seven day trial, to see if it can run the game.

Lax gives exceptional support.

Just saying Inner Space, because it operates between the game and windows.
    So the game can think each window has focus (has been clicked in).
    Or things like that.
    IS runs more games than anything else I can think of.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa