Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Put me on the list (RAF)

Greetings all

I have looked at a bunch of the other RAF threads (thanks Fur) and have not found a complete discussion on the following topics:

5 existing accounts, having them all refer an accounts

1 -> 6
    2 -> 7
    3 -> 8
    4 -> 9
    5 -> 10

for a total of 10 accounts. Then starting 10 toons from level 1 together. Would they all get the 3x xp? quest xp? is 10 guys watering down xp defeating the purpose?

Would leveling them in a raid (instances) as it seems most of the old world instances have a 10 man limit, or 2 parties of 5 (for non-raid questing) be beneficial?

Or would leveling the parties separately be a faster path? and would I be not getting the bonus xp on one toon (not have his RAF partner) in each group if I had to make a 2 parties of 5 leveling separately?

Any other pros or cons to leveling 10 at a time? Just trying to get a variety of groups going for WOLK.

Or should I choose this RAF option:

1 -> 6
    6 -> 7
    7 -> 8
    8 -> 9

and transfer some toons to the 10th account after the 90 days or transfer them back to the old accounts and just stick with 5 (will most likely just keep 5 accounts going after a 3 or 6 month of a 10 man period anyway)

The reason I am asking is my 5 accounts have just renewed and I finding it hard to resist the lure of the speed leveling everyone is talking about. Have leveled a lot of toons the old way would like to try it this way for 90 days anyway.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

In a raid you lose the group xp bonus, and on top of that there is a exp penalty, and on top of that you are spreading whats left of any exp accross 10 characters. The RAF bonus should still work, however it will only triple the already gimped exp.

Your first RAF method would get you Zhevras on all 5 of your original accounts, but it would require every account to be logged in to receive bonus on all characters. You couldn't sit one out in that case. I would set up the referrals so you can do 2 groups independantly, if you want to 10box. If you just want to 5box, you can just get 3 RAF accounts, link 2 to one account, and the third to another, and xfer the toons on your other 3 accounts to the new ones. More costly, but less time consuming. What do you have more of? Time or money

XP sucks in raid. When I first started, I tried to use my 70 pally for my 5box team and I was getting like negative 15 xp per kill.

I went with your option B like the following:
    Existing acct Recruits new acct 6 then
    6 > 7
    7 > 8
    8 > 9
    9 > 10

In this way, you have 5 Linked toons that can party togeather. The down side here is you have to Transfer 4 toons if you don't intend to play 10 forever.
    This is what I did, & it works great so far.
    1Priest, 4Mages Qyx, Kwix, Aquix, Cquix, Quixar // 5 Shammies, Quixs, Quixas, Quixbs, Quixcs, Quixds // Quix Inc (Gurubashi PVP)