Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Pet boost

Default Pet boost

Its just me or Blizz take the free hunter pet boost? I was using my hunter to boost my mage. I do like always, attack the mob and then send only the pet of my hunter. I get surprise to see 12 exp from a mob that gave me 64 exp if I kill it alone. Well I guess is so long to the Pet boosting

The boost only works if you have 2 or more toons in the "lowbie" group and the pet does all the damage after a lowbie tags the mob. Been that way for awhile, but I haven't tried it recently to see if it still works.

They fixed this, along with warlock dot tricks awhile ago
    4 boxing
    - US Ruin - Arthas [PVP] Horde
    Ollololololl, Ollollololol, Ollolollolol, Olollolololl
    1--------10---------20---------30----------40---------50---------60---------70---------80

Quote Originally Posted by 'accretion',index.php?page=Thread&postID=93141#pos t93141
    The boost only works if you have 2 or more toons in the "lowbie" group and the pet does all the damage after a lowbie tags the mob. Been that way for awhile, but I haven't tried it recently to see if it still works.
    This.

I can confirm it still works though. I started on Silvermoon with only three hunters, then pet boosted a new hunter and priest with the highbie hunters out of group. Lowbies tag, pets kill, full XP.
    Muraman/Muramar, Murmanela, Murmlena, Murmarula, Murmarina - Silvermoon EU
    Gnarlight, Gnarlon, Gnarlin, Gnarly, Gnarley - Silvermoon EU
    Fileta, Celestara, Floriana, Paleforth, Kyudo - Kilrogg EU

Default here is the deal

I did this last night with my warlocks felguard and here is what you need to do:

-You need ATLEAST 2 lowbies or for some reason it doesnt work. I boosted 1 shaman the other one died i just had him on follow on my main shaman still got the exp but it was splitted.

-Do atleast 1 damage with one of your slaves to the target then kill it with the Demon/pet.

PRO tip if your only leveling one:

Group 2 lowbies and once you reach a spot you want to be for a while kill the one who is not in need to be leveled. Place him ATLEAST yards away but never more then something like 300 yards away either.

Now for some reason the XP will not split between the 2 (I assume its because hes not near enough to get the kills) But if he gets to far away the xp will go back as you werent grouped.

I boosted 1 shaman with my warlock but it was very slow i just quested and helped out with the felguard since light bolt and earth shock resist ALOT on higher mobs, My mate however went from lvl 7 to 17 in NO time last night using his 70 felguard lock and boosting 2 low level warlocks. He just ran around dotting and finishing em off with the felguard fast and effective.
    Northrend Dungeon Hero - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/129...1109203942.jpg
    PvP incomming in 3.1