Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Started Dual-Boxing Today, Bought Keyclone, Read The Guids,, But Still got some questions :)

Hey Guys, i just started today, and keyclone, is awsome, but i cant get it to work propperly...

do i need other programs

1# How do i get my alt to react on my mouse movement ?

2# and how do i make my alt to follow me all the time ?

3# and what is that all about "Assist" and "Follow" macro's ?

Michael

Default RE: Started Dual-Boxing Today, Bought Keyclone, Read The Guids,, But Still got some questions :)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Rygh',index.php?page=Thread&postID=92383#post9238 3

What? 8| Did you read what you just typed?

Look, if you cannot work out how to make a character follow you, it is not a good idea to be jumping into multiboxing right now, your going to drown in macro's you cannot handle.
    [align=center]My teams:
    Dentarg eu- 70 Paladin/Shaman/Magex3
    Dentarg eu- 80 Shamanx4/80 DkDklolswe

[/align]

I am new as well but I will try and answer your questions as best I can:

First off, you don't want your mouse clicks to transfer to your clone b/c your clone will always have a different perspective then your main (in other words it will actuallys be clicking on different things on both screens) &

You can easily make your clone assist and follow your main by creating follow and assist macros, this is what I currently use on my druid / druid:

Main Action Button 1 = Entangling Roots

Clone Action Button 1 = Macro :

"/assist Main Druid

/follow main druid"

That way every time I press the "1" action button my main will entangle the target and my clone will assist. While running around I can spam this button to keep my clone following. If I dont want to entangle the target but I do want to have my clone assist I just keep moving an dit won't cast on from my main.

I hope that helps a little.

EDIT:The post above me speaks the truth, you do need to learn alot about macros if you do not understand them already. you can visit the WoW Forums and look for Fizzwidget's guide to macros, it is a comprehensive source for all things macro.

Im playing Shaman / Shaman and it just hit me, dual boxing is all about clones running after you and doing the same as you right ? cause i thourd it was meaning they should copy your moves ( If you move right they do the same) are they just following you around ? or is there more to it ?

cause, i have put all (W,A,S,D) on ignore list for my clone, so she just follow and shoots when i do..

dont really get how the clone will target my mains target correctly

MAIN
    Action bar 1
    Lightningbolt (Rank 1)

Actionbar 4
    Heal (Rank 1)

CLONE
    all the same, and thats what basiclly happens when i run around, please help me if there is more to it

Regards

Default RE: Started Dual-Boxing Today, Bought Keyclone, Read The Guids,, But Still got some questions :)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Rygh',index.php?page=Thread&postID=92383#post9238 3
    Hey Guys, i just started today, and keyclone, is awsome, but i cant get it to work propperly...

do i need other programs

1# How do i get my alt to react on my mouse movement ?

Michael
    Keyclone send key strokes to all of the predefined windows that match what you specified in keyclone's setup. If you are pressing the space bar and they're all jumping, then keyclone is not the issue.

You actually don't need any programs to do this. Some programs will make your life easier. "Need" and "want to use" are the key phrases.

You move your mouse between windows on your computer if you want to click something. Keyclone has a feature called "focus follows mouse" if you don't want to click the extra time to switch the window focus.

An assist macro makes your followers assist your "main" guy.

A follow macro makes your followers, well, follow your "main" guy.

The only one you left out is a focus macro. It sets you focus on your guys to something that you have targeted or predefined in the macro. i.e. /focus MainDude1

There is a great UI and Macro forum at the WoW forums. I'd suggest starting there if you're not sure what some of the most basic commands and macros in the game are. If you're not using macros in your solo play or know/understand programming logic then this is going to be a huge learning curve for you.

This is the kind of stuff you're going to end up writting:
    MACRO 4 "healing wave" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip Healing Wave
    /cleartarget
    /cast [target=focustargettarget,help,nodead,exists] Healing Wave; [target=focustarget,help,nodead,exists] Healing Wave; [target=focus,help,nodead,exists] Healing Wave
    END
    Norgannon
    Paladin x 1 - Level 70
    Paladin x 4 - Level 26
    Shaman x 4 - Level 70
    Warlock x 1 - Level 62
    Warlock x 4 - Level 10
    Hunter x 1 Level 15
    Hunter x 4 Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by 'Rygh',index.php?page=Thread&postID=92425#post9242 5
    Im playing Shaman / Shaman and it just hit me, dual boxing is all about clones running after you and doing the same as you right ? cause i thourd it was meaning they should copy your moves ( If you move right they do the same) are they just following you around ? or is there more to it ?

cause, i have put all (W,A,S,D) on ignore list for my clone, so she just follow and shoots when i do..

dont really get how the clone will target my mains target correctly

MAIN
    Action bar 1
    Lightningbolt (Rank 1)

Actionbar 4
    Heal (Rank 1)

CLONE
    all the same, and thats what basiclly happens when i run around, please help me if there is more to it

Regards
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/Macros

It's all about the macros for the clones.......
    Norgannon
    Paladin x 1 - Level 70
    Paladin x 4 - Level 26
    Shaman x 4 - Level 70
    Warlock x 1 - Level 62
    Warlock x 4 - Level 10
    Hunter x 1 Level 15
    Hunter x 4 Level 10

only got 2 questions then for now hehehe

1# when i click to my clones screen and put her on follow on my main, how do i makes my clone attack the same target as me (Without useing "TAB") when i target a mob with my mouse or some other key ? with my main

2# And how does i make thouse formations

for your clone's nuke you want something like

/assist MainsName
    /cast nuke

this will force your clone to assist your main and cast the nuke, note that there is some delay between targeting with your main and the clone being able to pickup the assist (usually half a second or so on my connection).

Obviously that's about as simple as it gets, you'll want to dig into the whole macro thing on the wiki quite a bit more or you'll probably find things to be quite frustrating.

Formations - again plenty of information on the wiki... but the idea is simply to bind different movement directions to the same key across your clones (so pressing "x" on cloneA might strafe left, while pressing "x" on cloneB might strafe right) etc.

Please spend a few hours reading the wiki, all your questions in this thread have been answered there.

After re-reading this entire thread I have to assume one of two things:

Etheir

A) You are not reading the replies people are giving you or

B) You are pulling our legs.

Please do us all a favor and read through the forums here and on the wow official forums, then come back and ask questions that havent already been answered one million times.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Motgib',index.php?page=Thread&postID=92536#post92 536
    After re-reading this entire thread I have to assume one of two things:

Etheir

A) You are not reading the replies people are giving you or

B) You are pulling our legs.

Please do us all a favor and read through the forums here and on the wow official forums, then come back and ask questions that havent already been answered one million times.
    I have to agree here, take some time and read the wiki and the forums. The basics are so easy to apply.
    Try helping yourself first, then ask if you are still stuck
    [align=center]
    MMO Veteran
    UO, EQ, EQ2, DAOC, Eve, AO, SB, SWG, VG, GW
    CoH, WoW, AoC, LoTRo, DDO, FE, Rift
    [/align]